Kenda Hellkat Pro MTB Folding Tyre
Developed alongside the professional riders of the UR Team, this Hellkat tyre by Kenda is a top choice for gravity and enduro riders alike. Specially-designed for taking on a variety of under-wheel conditions, it provides a top rolling performance as you twist and turn your way down the mountain. Available in a range of technologically advanced casings, this fantastic folding tyre stands up to any challenge your chosen route throws at you.
Versatile, Dual Compound, Grippy MTB Tyre
Made from a dual-layer compound, the Hellkat Pro gives unbeatable grip and composure across the toughest terrains, with its tubeless-ready design enhancing the hold as you take corners with pace and power. The alternating rows of knobs along the centreline work hard to reduce rolling resistance, while the taller blocks on the outer edge improve braking performance, even in the wettest conditions. This quality-made Kenda tyre is a must-have for any enduro maverick.
- Compound: dual-layer Compound
- Use: Gravity, Enduro
- Bead: Folding
- TPI: 60, 120
- Tubeless-Ready: Yes
- EN-DTC: Designed around the rigours of enduro racing. Featuring a lower rolling resistance value than previous dual tread compounds, tyres with EN-DTC show less wear than other similar tyres. With shore A values lower than the original DTC, the EN-DTC provides a more responsive ride, letting the knobs do the work of control and braking on the ground.
- AGC: The Advanced Gravity Casing (AGC) is Kenda‘s latest innovation for gravity orientated riders. Utilizing strips of Kenda Vector Shield (KVS), a lightweight woven aramid material, positioned under the tread area and along the sidewalls to protect the tyre from cuts and punctures. The KVS material offers nearly three times more cut resistance than standard protective materials. A 20mm apex along the bead prevents pinch flats and burping. Our lightest and strongest gravity casing up to date.
- AEC: Developed for the rigours of enduro, the new Advanced Enduro Casing (AEC) fills the gap between the burly Advanced Gravity Casing (AGC) and the weight-optimised Advanced Trail Casing (ATC). Using the same 3-piece Aramid inserts as the AGC casing, AEC omits the apex at the bead: for the same high level of puncture and cut resistance but without the added weight. A dual-layer compound provides the same reliable grip found on the AGC casing.
- RSR dual-layer (RSRDL): Kenda developed this compound for a new generation of gravity tyres - an evolution of the existing Race Stick-E Rubber (RSR) compound. Building on the impressive original, the new RSR compound is a dual-layer tread rubber, with the soft RSR compound on top and the stiff SRC on bottom. This new dual-layer compound offers better performance because the stiff bottom SRC layer serves as the hard foundation for the softer RSR layer to push against. The result is a compound that provides better control and lasts longer than previous versions.
Buy Kenda Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.