Nukeproof Reactor 290 ST Factory Carbon Bike (XT)
Set up for taking on all day rides, this limited edition shorter travel option of the Reactor 290 carbon is designed to offer a more efficient and comfortable ride. With 130mm travel up front and 125mm at the rear, it climbs quickly yet still soaks up the worst that the trail has to throw at you. The light and tough full carbon frame is backed up by smooth performing Fox Factory suspension and slick-shifting Shimano XT 1x12-speed gears.
Limited Edition Short Travel 29er Trail Bike
Crosscountry/backcountry/upcountry/downcountry: However you define it, the Reactor ST does it all and everything in between. It just might be the most versatile bike Nukeproof has ever made. With a 130mm fork combined with 125mm of rear suspension, the Reactor ST combines the best of an enduro bike (long, low and slack) with the best of an XC Race bike (lightweight spec and efficient suspension) to create a sprightly yet seriously capable machine.
From concept through to design, the Kinematics, the geometry and specification; the Reactor is designed from the ground up to be the ultimate aggressive trail bike. It is at home on technical climbs, but happiest when thrashing the most technical trails you can point it at. To optimise the weight, strength and stiffness, the Reactor Carbon frame features a full UD woven carbon fibre frameset (Including chain and seat stays). It is available for 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes. These are two totally different, compromise-free frames that were designed and developed at the same time. Each frame is simply tailored around each wheel size.
Speed or play: which do you value more? The manoeuvrability of 27.5” or the raw speed of a 29”?
The Reactor ST features a 66.8° (66.3° Low) Headangle atop a 76.3° (75.8° Low) seat angle across a 460mm reach on a Medium frame. Nukeproof also offers the frame in Large and X-Large sizes. The Reactor ST frames feature the same “flip chip” design as the regular Reactor frame to adjust the geometry from “Trail” to “Rail mode”.
Trail – As the name suggests, this setting is best suited for trail riding. It is for riders who get as much enjoyment from the climb as the descents.
Rail - The Rail setting turns the Reactor into a corner shredder, dropping the bottom bracket 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree. It is there to maximise descending capabilities.
To ensure the bike could climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof designed the 4 bar horst linkage to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but lower levels when you drop down the cassette. This means that the bike can behave itself on the climbs but when you get it up to speed, it turns into a trail hooligan. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive rate give ultimate small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. Balanced anti-rise figures allow the Reactor some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor on any ride.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 125mm Travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre frame, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured rubber frame protection
- Fork: Fox 34 Float, Factory Series, Kashima, Grip 2 Damper, 130mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black (SHORT ID: D6GS)
- Shock: Fox Float DPS, Factory Series, Kashima, 3 Position, EVOL LV, Custom LCL, LRL, CMF tune, 210x47.5mm, Bearing End 1x 0.2 Spacer fitted. (SHORT ID: D6S5)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss XR1700 SPLINE 25,29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss XR1700 SPLINE 25, 29", 6 Bolt, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Minion DHF 29”x2.3 3C MaxxTerra/EXO/TR, Rear: Maxxis Agressor 29”x2.3 MaxxTerra/EXO/TR
- Crankset: Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
- Shifter: Shimano XT M8100-R, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Rear Deraileur: Shimano XT M8100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Chain: Shimano XT M8100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink
- Cassette: Shimano XT M8100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Brakes: Shimano XT M8100, 2 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads
- Front Rotor: Shimano SM-RT76, 180mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano SM-RT76, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon V2 25mm Rise, Width - M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Black
- Seatpost: Bikeyoke Divine Stealth w Shimano SL-MT500-IL Remote lever, M/L:160mm drop; XL:185mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Weight: 13.2Kgs/29lbs (Tubeless)
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a "flip-chip", so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from "Trail" to "Rail" mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate give it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.