Campagnolo Eurus Road Wheelset
The Campagnolo Eurus Road Wheelset is designed to be extremely versatile. Light on climbs and quick to respond to changes of pace, it is designed to be both extremely durable and deliver high performance. Thanks to the oversized flange and innovative Mega-G3 technology, Eurus wheels have made a true leap to become, alongside the Shamel Ultra, a reference point for top-end aluminium wheels. These high-end wheelsets represent a big step ahead in terms of performance and reactivity.
To optimise the key features of a road bike wheelset, such as weight, aerodynamic and stiffness, engineers at Campy Tech Lab are always working hard implementing new technologies. One of the new results of these efforts is the Mega G3™ Geometry, the further development of the G3™ Geometry, which optimises the spoke tension and delivers a long-lasting performance. Furthermore, Shamal™Ultra™ wheelsets mount a new oversize drive side flange on the rear wheel that is now bigger and allows to increase dramatically the responsiveness of the wheels and the overall performance of the bicycle.
- Spoke Count: 16 Front / 21 Rear (G3)
- RDB - Rim Dynamic Balance
- Aerodynamic Double-Butted Aluminium Spokes
- Ultralinear / DRSC geometry
- Self-locking aluminium nipples
- Profile Height: Differentiated (24/27mm at the front / 27/30mm at the rear)
- Material: Aluminium
- Rim Section: (Height/Width): Differentiated / 20mm
- Aluminium hub
- Steel bearings
- Hub Width: 100mm Front / 130mm Rear
- Oversize flange
- Cup-and-cone bearing system
- Freehub: CA 9/10/11/12x, or SH 11x or 9/10x with spacers (choose option from the drop-down menu)
In The Box:
- Re-designed quick-release skewers
- Valve Extender
- User Manual
- Warranty Booklet
- Campagnolo Wheel Identification Card
- G3 Technology: Campagnolo has developed an assembly architecture which, compared with a traditional wheel, makes it possible to improve energy transfer, reduce the stress on the spokes on the right and increase transverse rigidity. This is achieved because in G3 geometry the right-hand side of the rear wheel is fitted with twice as many spokes as the left. The results of G3 system are truly extraordinary: better transfer of the driving torque, better lateral rigidity, reduction of the stress in the rear wheel spokes. And thanks to the G3 system that compensates for the forces acting on the 2 sides of the wheel, there are no more wheel vibrations, even for heavier people. G3 becomes Mega-G3 thanks to the oversize flange. This solution allows the increase of the torsional stiffness values even more, to the benefit of the overall responsiveness of the wheel.
- Mega G3 Spoke Pattern: Perfect balance of the spoke tensions on both sides of the wheel. Reduces stress, increases transversal rigidity and the transmission of power to the wheel. G3 eliminates vibrations even with "heavy" cyclists.
- Dynamic Balance: The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side. For top models, this is obtained by a special operation on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint. For entry-level models, Dynamic Balance is obtained by using two oversized spokes in the section opposite the joint. The result is a wheel with perfectly balanced rotational dynamics.
- MoMag: A technology that offers several advantages to the structural integrity of the wheel as well as eliminating the need for rim tape. The name derives from “Mounting Magnet” system, shortened to MoMag.
- Handbuilt Assembly: The Eurus Wheel is entirely hand-built by a specialised Campagnolo technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic tools. This ensures that every wheel conforms to the high standards that Campagnolo pride themselves and will have unbeatable reliability.
Buy Campagnolo Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.