Look Keo Blade Carbon Ceramic TDF Pedal
The official pedal of the 2020 Tour De France, this model is engineered for the rigours of racing. It features a hard-wearing carbon body construction and uses Look's renowned Blade technology instead of a standard alloy "spring & lever" system. This considerably reduces the total overall weight of the pedal, while also improving foot retention and aerodynamics. Replacing standard steel bearings with ceramic bearings, this model provides a longer lifespan that beats all records (4 to 6 times longer than standard bearings), as well as a smoother performance by reducing friction by 18%. When it comes down to the wire, these marginal gains are the difference between winning and losing.
Lightweight, Wide and Reliable Carbon TDF Pedal
With this Tour de France edition pedal, Look has shaved off any unnecessary weight with the pedal weighing in at only a mere 110 grams. This means that you'll enjoy its exceptional strength to weight ratio when both training and competing. Pushing you towards a podium finish, its ceramic Blade technology also allows you to transfer 100% of your pedalling power input to the drivetrain. Coming complete with a wide 700mm² contact area, your foot will become one with the pedal, as you become one with your bike.
Why You'll Love It?
CERAMIC + CARBON: YOUR PERFECT COMBINATION
- Wear the Tour de France colours with this limited edition pedal
- Ride the same pedal as the greatest riders of the World Tour peloton
- Adapt pedal tension to suit your requirements thanks to two included carbon blades (tension 12 and 16)
- Simply the best power-to-weight ratio on the road pedal market today
THE OFFICIAL PEDAL OF THE 2020 TOUR DE FRANCE
The Choice of Champions: Romain Bardet, Alejandro Valverde, Tadej Pogaçar and more than 50 other riders in the peloton have chosen the KEO BLADE CARBON CERAMIC to give themselves the best chance at victory.
Look's engineers have built all the LOOK expertise into these exceptional pedals. The exclusive, limited-edition model features the most advanced technologies in automatic pedals today. Pedal your way to your best performances with the official 2020 Tour de France pedals.
- Body Material: Carbon
- Axle Material: Cromoly
- Platform Area: 700mm2
- Platform Width: 67mm
- Technology: Blade
- Q Factor: 53mm
- Total Stack Height (Pedal + Cleat): 14.8mm (8.5mm+6.3mm)
- Cleats: Keo Cleat; Retention: Serial installed in 12 + additional 16 / 20 sold separately
- Single or Pair: Pair
- Weight: 110g
- Ceramic Bearings: Every component, every ball is meticulously selected to ensure the highest level of quality and performance. The balls are precisely calibrated one by one by a machine, down to the micro-meter. They are then ordered according to size in perfectly- adapted rings, with the result that every bearing has a totally unique structure.
- Longer Life: A long lifespan is the main advantage of ceramic bearings. Rounder and harder than traditional balls, they are less sensitive to dust or deposits and guarantee consistent, durable performance. Furthermore, ceramic is not subject to corrosion. These physical properties ensure the bearings have a lifespan 4 to 6 times longer than standard steel bearings.
- Smoother: Reduced friction is the best-known and most characteristic advantage of ceramic bearings. The perfectly circular shape and the hardness of the balls combined with ceramic-specific, optimized greases allows for an 18% reduction of the frictional forces applied to the bearing.
- Blade: Lighter - Aerodynamic - Safer: The use of a carbon blade instead of a conventional metal spring offers numerous advantages: The “blade – lever” system is 20% lighter than a standard “spring – lever” system. The carbon blade blends fluidly into the shape and volume of the pedal, improving the overall aerodynamic properties of the product. The BLADE technology revolutionizes the engagement/ disengagement experience whilst offering firm and secure support. The bowing of the blade when un-clipping means the required disengagement torque is reached more rapidly in the dynamic of the movement, allowing for faster cleat release.
- Spindle: In order to meet the requirements of the most demanding cyclists, the BLADE CARBON pedals are designed to resist the very worst weather conditions. Particular care is given to each component within the axle to ensure optimal lifespan. The axle is guaranteed waterproof by IPX7 (full immersion) and IPX6 (rotating pedal exposed to water jets) tests. The design of the outer cap and the inside nut have been revised to meet these requirements.
- The Best Power to Weight Ratio: The full extent of the power a cyclist develops is transferred to the bike – and the road – through the pedals. Without going into extensive scientific detail, the larger the contact area, the more efficient the transfer of energy will be. On the other hand, the wider contact area, the more the weight of the pedal increases. LOOK engineers have worked tirelessly to pinpoint the areas where energy transfer is optimal, in order to finetune design and reduce any unnecessary surfaces. This careful analysis was key to producing a pedal with the best weight-to-contact area ratio on the market today.
- Designed & Manufactured by Look: Since LOOK’s beginning in the bicycle world when metals were king, our material of choice has always been carbon. For over 30 years LOOK has developed in its own factories a unique expertise and a vast know-how in the carbon field to reach specific desired properties. Once the optimal shapes had been created, our engineers work on the processes and on the carbon for each areas of the pedal in a very precise manner in order to achieve our goal: the creation of ultimate aerodynamic and light pedal. Pedalling experience is also improved thanks to a firmer lateral stop. The carbon blade is available in various stiffness options : 12, 16 or 20. The blade can be easily, intuitively and quickly (a few seconds suffice) changed depending on the rider’s clip-in / clip-out preferences.
Buy Look Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.