Vitus Substance VRS-1 Adventure Road Bike
Designed to go anywhere, this high-quality road bike is designed for gravel riding as it offers exceptional comfort and strength. It features a double-butted aluminium frame construction which makes it perfect at withstanding the intensity that comes with riding across mixed terrain conditions. Vitus has also equipped this gravel bike with UD carbon forks, which gives you amazing stiffness and stability wherever your adventure takes you.
SRAM Apex1 11-Speed Drivetrain and Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Whether you're commuting to work or planning a trip to the countryside, this versatile road bike is engineered for top-performance. Coming equipped with a SRAM Apex1 groupset, this sleek two-wheeler accelerates you up to speed in seconds. Keeping your speed under control, its hydraulic disc brakes allow you to benefit from their phenomenal stopping power as you clock up the miles on this reliable gravel bike.
WTB ST Wheelset with WTB Venture Tyres
Cruising on WTB ST wheels which are wrapped in WTB Venture tyres, this road bike is built for fun and unpredictable adventures. Its larger outer diameter tyres keep your wheels rolling over bumps, while their added volume allows you to tweak their pressure depending on the terrain. This makes the Vitus Substance VRS-1 Adventure Road Bike an ideal choice of upgrade for riders who want rider-tuned performance for superior grip and comfort on gravel roads.
- Frame: Substance double-butted 6061 T6 Aluminium, internal cable routing, internal dropper post routing (external at BB), 142x12mm rear end, mud-guard mounts, rack mounts and 3 bottle cage mounts
- Forks: UD Carbon, tapered steerer, 100x12mm, mud-guard mounts
- Brakes: SRAM Apex hydraulic disc brakes, 160mm rotors
- Shifter: SRAM Apex1 11-Speed
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Apex1, 11-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM , 10-42T
- Chainset: SRAM Apex 40T, Crank Lengths: XS: 165mm, S: 170mm, M: 172.5mm, L: 172.5mm, XL: 175mm and XXL:175mm
- Chain: KMC X11, 10 speed
- Rims: WTB ST Light i23 TCS 2.0 650b, 23mm inner diameter, 32 hole
- Front Hub: Alex Bear Claw, RD-50312F, 12x100mm, sealed bearings, CentreLock
- Rear Hub: Alex Bear Claw, BRD-50412B, 12x142mm, sealed bearings, CentreLock
- Axles: Vitus, Front: 12x120mm/M12x1.5mmxL14mm; Rear 12x161mm/M12xP1.5mmxL12mm
- Tyres: WTB Venture 650bx47 TCS Road Plus, tan sidewall, dual DNA compound, lightweight tubeless casing, TCS Aramid bead
- Saddle: Vitus, Titanium rails
- Seatpost: Vitus, 6061 Aluminium, 27.2x350mm, 25mm layback
- Stem: Vitus, 6061 Aluminium, 3D forged, 31.8mm bar bore, +/- 7 degrees, XS: 80mm, S: 90mm, M: 90mm, L: 100mm, XL: 100mm and XXL: 110mm
- Bars: Vitus, 6061 Aluminium, 16° flared Adventure, 128mm drop, 77mm reach, XS: 400mm, S: 400mm, M: 420mm, L: 420mm, XL: 440mm and XXL:440mm
- Bar Tape: Vitus, EVA Cork
- Bottom Bracket: BSA Threaded, FSA 7420 ST 68mm
- Headset: ACROS AiX-Low R3, tapered 1 1/8-1 1/2", upper bearing 41.8/28.6, lower bearing 52/40
- Weight: 10.11kg (large)
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.