Mavic Ksyrium Pro Exalith Wheelset
This wheelset is the perfect all-rounder road wheel and comes packed-full of Mavic's technological advances. Both wide-set rims feature a Maxtal construction, Mavic's special alloy compound that allows each wheel to stay extra stiff while also remaining lightweight, giving you remarkable control on all road surfaces. Plus, the Exalith brake surface on each rim has been specially designed to give your bike a responsive stopping power in all weather conditions.
Advanced Lightweight Rim Construction
Further lowering the rim's weight is the unique ISM 4D (Inter Spoke Milling) technique, which removes excess material from the lower bridge and sidewalls. The spokes use a zicral construction for added stiffness and work with the 24mm/26mm asymmetrical rim depths to create a stunning aerodynamic profile. Plus, each hub uses Mavic's hard-wearing QRM+ bearings for a reliable performance even when wet.
- Rim: Alloy (Maxtal) Clincher
- Rim Width: 17mm (inner)
- Rim Height: 24mm (front), 26mm asymmetrical (rear)
- Recommended Tyre Sizes: 25-32mm
- Spokes: Zicral, straight pull, bladed
- Spoke Count: 18 (front), 20 (rear)
- Spoke Lacing: Radial (front), Isopulse (rear)
- Hub: Mavic, Carbon shell with alloy flanges (front), alloy shell (rear)
- QR Axles (front/rear)
- Brake Standard: Exalith 2 brake track, Rim Brake
- Bearings: QRM+ bearings (front/rear)
- Nipples: Alloy, Fore-integrated
- Weight: 1.48kg
- Maxtal: Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminium alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- ISM 4D (Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions): An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag.
- Exalith 2: This refined braking surface for alloy rims provides high level brake performance in all weather conditions.
- QRM+ (Qualité de Roulements Mavic+): Mavic's most demanding level. Cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and topped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Fore: Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- FTS-L: Force Transfer System Light Reinforcement of key transmission components. The contact area between the pawl and the hub body in reinforced by two stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminium hub body.
- Isopulse: Optimum energy transfers. The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and 2x crossed on the non-drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- SUP (Soudé Usiné Process): After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Powerlink: A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimised for rear wheel use, by minimising the rolling resistance
- Griplink: A front tyre must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimised for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- Zicral: A specific aluminium alloy that provides spokes with a higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.
Buy Mavic Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.