PowerBreathe Plus Respiratory Trainer
POWERbreathe Plus - 2nd generation POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Training series (breathing training), with hi-tech ergonomic design, optimised airflow performance and anti-bacterial qualities.
POWERbreathe uses the basic principles of resistance training. Just as you might use weights to strengthen your arm muscles, breathing in through POWERbreathe against the light, variable resistance makes your breathing muscles work harder - thereby increasing their strength and endurance. Ideal for people who, because of illness or advancing age, are restricted by shortness of breath.
Within a few days of using this drug-free, easy-to-use hand-held device, your breathing muscles will feel stronger; within 3-weeks you’ll feel less breathless; and within 4 weeks every-day activities will feel easier.
Who can benefit?
- People with a respiratory condition such as asthma (including exercise-induced), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), bronchitis, cystic fibrosis (also suitable for children aged 10+ under adult supervision)
- People with a debilitating condition such as heart failure, heart disease, spinal injury
- People unaccustomed to regular physical exercise
- Anyone who gets out of breath easily
- Drug-free & natural with no side effects or drug interactions
- Scientifically proven, pressure threshold training technique
- Calibrated inspiratory load (light resistance)
- Adjustable ‘light’ training resistance (up to 10 adjustable training levels)
- Resistor/training level indicator
- Fully washable design
- Anti-bacterial mouthpiece
- Ergonomic mouthpiece design, suitable for adult & paediatric use
- Up to 65% improvement in airflow performance (vs. POWERbreathe Classic)
- Ergonomic grip design
- Fully integrated load mechanism
Use & Care:
- Simply put the nose-clip on so that it pushes your nostrils together and then breathe in through the POWERbreathe (use a little extra effort than you would to breathe normally), and the device will do the rest.
- Improvement in breathing efficiency can be seen in as little as 4-weeks.
- Comes with full instructions.
Laboratory proven training regimen:
- Twice a day simply breathe 30 times through the device against the adjustable resistance. It takes less than 5-minutes.
- As your breathing muscle strength improves, simply adjust and increase the resistance as you would with any other form of exercise.
- Within a few days your inspiratory muscles will feel stronger; within 3-weeks you’ll feel less breathless; and within 4 weeks activities, exercise and sports will feel easier.
- POWERbreathe Plus Light Resistance Inspiratory Muscle Trainer (green, Wellness model)
- Ergonomic, soft-touch nose clip (also suitable for swimming)
- Fabric storage pouch
- 4 cleansing tablets
- User manual
- If you have any doubts about the suitability of POWERbreathe, or you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor.
- Inspiratory muscle training (breathing muscle training), such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with a history of spontaneous pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not due to traumatic injury e.g. broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition. Following a traumatic pneumothorax and/or broken rib, POWERbreathe should not be used prior to full recovery.
- Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for asthma patients who have low symptom perception and who suffer from frequent sever exacerbations.
- Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for anyone who has recently experienced a perforated eardrum.
- Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult.
Buy PowerBreathe Nutrition & Training from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.