Spank 359 Vibrocore™ Rim
Optimised to deliver peak performance on the downhill, this rim features a Vibrocoam foam inner core for increased torsional strength and a dampened transmission of vibrations. The massive 35mm outer width allows you to run wider tyres for increased stability and traction. Plus, the BeadBite anti-burp hooks grip each tyre to the rim for a secure, uniform performance.
- Rim: Alloy Clincher (Tubeless Ready)
- Rim Height: 19mm
- Rim Width: 30.5mm (inner), 35mm (outer)
- Hole Count: 32
- Weight: 580g (27.5"), 620g (29")
- Vibrocore: Vibrocore technology is injected into Spank Vibrocore products and dramatically reduces vibrations that can lead to hand and arm numbness, fatigue and arm-pump. This additional technology also increases overall stiffness and fatigue life of the product. Vibrocore is one of the biggest innovations in Rim technology as it increases the radial compliancy, lateral stiffness and torsional strength while also damping vibrations from the trail.
- OohBah: The unique OohBah profile allows Spank to manufacture thinner-walled, wider-profiled, lighter rims without sacrificing strength or rigidity. Wider rims mean stiffer wheels and more tire spread, leading to greater traction and improved comfort, and tire performance. The "wave" shape of the OohBah inner tube adds strength and support to the vertical rim flange walls and prevent buckling. Normal straight or curved tube wells must be much thicker, and by default heavier, to offer the same support.
- BeadBite: At an incredible range of pressures, BeadBite is the solution to keeping your tires burp free and fixed in place. BeadBite rim technology enhances tubeless use with tires of all types and with a greater range of air pressures. BeadBite rims have 6 rows of tiny ridges that run along the vertical and horizontal faces of the bead seats. These tiny teeth create air seals between the rim and tire as the bead conforms into them under air pressure. They dramatically increase frictional forces on the tire bead, reducing the beads' ability to move vertically or horizontally (thus improving tire stability and reducing burps). The bead literally becomes trapped between the vertical and horizontal ridges, even at very low air pressures. Even in tubed applications, BeadBite rims tend to allow much lower air pressures with reduced risk of pinch flats.
Buy Spank Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.