Continental Grand Prix 5000 Road 25c Tyres (Pair)
This pair of fast-rolling, high-performance, hard-wearing road tyres from Grand Prix gives you everything you need to outperform on the tarmac. Inspired by the quality of the GP4000 model, this Grand Prix 5000 tyre has been made from Continental's renowned BlackChili construction, taking advantage of the best modern tyre technology to offer you enhanced grip and control when hitting the road.
Ultra-Performance Road Race Tyre
Equipped with other stunning advances including its impact-absorbing Active Comfort build, a Laser Grip micro profile along the outer edge for improved cornering grip and Vectran Breaker puncture protection - performance, rolling and reliability is taken to new levels by this unrivalled update.
- Included: 2x Continental Grand Prix 5000 25c Tyres
- Use: Road
- Compound: BlackChili Rubber Compound
- Casing: 3/330 TPI
- Sidewall: Skin
- Bead: Folding
- Type: Clincher
- Recommended Pressure: 123 PSI
- Tubeless Compatible: No
- Size/Width: 700x25c
- Weight: 220g (per tyre)
- BlackChili Compound: Continental refines newly developed synthetic rubbers with natural rubber with the proven high-performance tread compound. The GP5000 uses these rubbers with special nanometric carbon soot particles, which are optimised in shape and surface properties for best uses for the intended tyre. Tyres with BlackChili Compound reach an unprecedented level of performance. Compared to the previous best Activated Silica Compound, BlackChili tyres have 26% less rolling resistance, a 30% higher friction value (grip) and a 5% increase in mileage.
- Vectran Breaker: Vectran is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran is spun from melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk, like Vectran, has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight – exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bike tyre as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
- Active Comfort Technology: The revolutionary approach in cycling. Embedded in the tire construction the Active Comfort Technology absorbs vibrations and smoothens your ride.
- Laser Grip: Laser Grip, to make you one with the road. The lasered micro profile structure expands over the tire’s shoulder and provides outstanding cornering.
Buy Continental Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.