Subtle and sophisticated. Understated colour scheme meets innovative Crank Brothers design in a combination sure to produce something special. A super light, super special, limited edition run of the best wheels in the land.
The design of the new Crank Brothers Cobalt Wheelset eliminates the need to drill any holes in the rim, replacing them instead with a unique extruded internal/external radial centre rib. The un-drilled rim is a lot stronger and is also inherently suitable for tubeless tyres.
Spokes are attached to this central rib section in matched pairs to more evenly distribute the tension from each spoke and allow for easier truing, which can be done with a standard spoke key.
The aluminium freehub body on the rear hub features 6 pawls in two sets of 3 engaging 48 times every wheel revolution to ensure near instantaneous pickup. The hubs also feature oversize cartridge bearings on an oversized axle for strength with light weight.
• Tyre compatibility - tubeless and regular
• Rim width - 19mm
• Freehub engagement - 48 tooth
• Spoke arrangement - paired
• Axle type (f) - quick release or optional 15mm adaptor
• Axle type (r) - quick release
• Weight - front/rear: 798g / 961g
• Material: 6061-t6 aluminium
• Joint: welded
• Internal width: 19mm
• Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm
• Braking surface: disc brake only
• Material: stainless steel
• Butting: 2.0 / 1.6 / 2.0
• Number: 24
• Material: 7075-t6 aluminium
• Front hub shell: 2 sealed 17x28x7 cartridge bearings
• Front axle length: 100mm qr
• Rear hub shell: 2 sealed 25x37x7, 2 sealed 17x28x7, cartridge bearings
• Rear axle length: 135 mm qr
• Tyre tubeless compatible
• Recommended tyre size: 1.9-2.3"