Look Keo Blade Carbon TDF Pedals - Yellow
The Look Keo Blade Carbon TDF (Tour de France) Pedals have been designed and developed with input from some of the world’s greatest cycling champions for optimal efficiency and performance; the Keo Blade Carbon Pedals are built to get you on top of the podium. This TDF special edition model celebrates the yellow colour of the leader's jersey.
- Material: Body: Carbon; Spindle: CrMo
- Bearings: 1 roller bearing, 1 needle bearing
- Pedal Stack Height: 14.8mm
- Platform Width: 67mm
- Contact Surface Area: 700 square millimetres
- Tension: Supplied with 12Nm carbon blades installed and additional 16Nm carbon blades (20Nm carbon blades sold separately)
- Carbon Body and Blade Technology: Carbon lightens the weight of the pedal and provides an additional gain in stiffness for improved power transfer. Using a blade instead of a conventional metal spring has many advantages such as safer cleat entry & release, a more aerodynamic shape and a lighter weight.
- Optimised Spindle Profile: The Keo Blade pedal spindle was designed to obtain a very low stack height. It uses a needle bearing cartridge installed in a central position for better stress resistance while pedalling and two spaced out ball bearings, which distribute the load, providing increased rigidity between the body and the length of the spindle guaranteeing excellent rotational speed. Spindle play (related to internal bearing movement and part wear) is eliminated by a wave spring that constantly applies a pre-load that does not deteriorate over time. When pushing hard on the pedals, this system can completely eliminate the annoyances caused by any play (noise and sensation of friction). Look spindles are only approved after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100rpm with a load of 90kg on the centre of the pedal and an eccentric rotation, which creates stress on each revolution. This is equivalent to a sprint by André Greipel of 1700 watts at 100rpm for 333 hours! This test is much more demanding than the current standard, the ISO 4210.
- Ultra-Powerful Platform: To meet the demands of the most demanding cyclists, especially competitors, the pedal/cleat system must allow efficient power transfer thanks to a broad and rigid platform. Because of this, the Keo Blade Carbon platform is fitted with a 67mm wide, stainless steel plate that optimises the cleat/pedal contact area regardless of pedalling angle. With 700 mm² of surface area, the Keo Blade Carbon offers an optimised contact platform for an efficiency and power transfer that is unmatched on today’s market.
Buy Look Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.