Pirelli Cinturato Velo TLR Road Tyre
Coming equipped with a SmartNET Silica rubber compound, this tubeless-ready road bike clincher tyre offers high levels of wet grip, comfort, mileage and puncture resistance for tackling every mile of road. Pirelli has also kitted it out with an Armour Tech construction that uses several layers from the inside to the outside to protect against punctures on your journey. With a high-density nylon layer belt extended from bead to bead, all the way around the casing and underneath the tread as well as an aramid breaker, this model provides excellent shielding against sharp objects while adding support for low-pressure riding. Coming complete with tubeless-ready technology, you'll also enjoy tubeless benefits such as the ability to run lower pressures for lower rolling resistance, increased grip and a reduced risk of flats or punctures.
Pirelli’s experience and the reliability of SmartNET Silica technology combined with the tubeless-ready comfort and the resistance of the Armour Tech technology facilitated the creation of a clincher tyre with a unique DNA, perfect for long distances and various terrains.
- Compound: SmartNET Silica
- Puncture Protection: Aramid Fibre
- Casing: Nylon
- Use: Road
- Technology: Armour Tech
- TPI: 60tpi
- Tubeless Ready: Yes
- Single or Pair: Single
- Armour Tech:
- Armour Tech construction (patent pending) combines various components, in order from inside to outside, which add to the 60 TPI Nylon casing underneath:
- High-density Nylon layer from bead to bead, which protects against cuts as well as improved stability at low-pressure riding and contributes to making the carcass airtight when used with liquid sealant.
- High density waved aramid fiber breaker belt placed underneath the tread, which provides protection against punctured and sharp object cuts.
- Aramid fibres dispersed into the tread rubber compound (SmartNET Silica) in two layers: an outer one (cap) which grants performances (dry & wet, mileage, contact feeling), an inner one (base) which, thanks to a higher gradient of those fibrils, slows down the penetration of foreign bodies towards underneath layers.
- SmartNET Silica Compound: Made from Pirelli's innovative SmartNET Silica and ICS and FGD technologies, Cinturato provides all-round cycling excellence. Thanks to its nano-rod conformation and the resulting network generation, coupled with the natural chemical water affinity of the Silica itself, it solves the traditional trade-off of rubber compounds, ranking high on opposite features such as rolling and wet grip, mileage and puncture protection. SmartNET Silica rubber compound guarantees safe rides and confidence-inspiring handling even in harsh conditions.
- Tubeless Ready Bead Profile: A specific shape of the bead profile which matches with tubeless-ready rim hooks, plus a specific bead material and specification that allows for easy mounting with the inner tube while keeping proper tubeless bead engagement if used with a sealant in a fully tubeless ready configuration.
- Bead To Bead: A high-density nylon layer belt extended from one bead to the other, all the way around the casing and underneath the tread and an aramid breaker, to protect the casing from sharp objects and provide support for low-pressure riding: Nylon is a fibre with high cut and abrasion resistance and high tensile strength. Its lightweight nature and high density also helps make the tyre airtight combined with sealant use in tubeless-ready configuration. A specific shape of the bead profile which matches with tubeless-ready rim hooks, plus a specific bead material and specification that allows for easy mounting with the inner tube while keeping proper tubeless bead engagement if used with a sealant in a fully tubeless ready configuration.
- Breaker: An aramid fiber belt located underneath the tread in order to protect the casing from sharp objects: aramid is a fiber with high cut and abrasion resistance. Its light weight and flexibility also ensure rolling efficiency and overall performance of the tyre.
Manufacturer's Part Number:
Buy Pirelli Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.