Bluegrass Brave Helmet
The Bluegrass Brave is the first helmet on the market using D3O™ inserts which enables the helmet to withstand double the number of impacts compared to a normal composite construction, over different areas of the shell.
The Brave is engineered to give the best airflow over and through the helmet and is also ASTM certified and Eject system compatible. The Brave is the gold standard of full-face helmets.
- Outer Shell Construction: Composite V.I.D.
- Inner Shell: Impact resistant expandable polystyrene beads
- Chin Strap Buckle: Double-D buckle
- Straps: MX style straps, integrated rivet & metal plate anchor, removable chin strap, washable padding
- Active Safety: Embedded D3O™ inserts, Airflow_2_Chin, no hearing loss
- Visor: XXL Field of vision, micrometric adjustable visor with two point attachment, flexible injection material
- Comfort: Fully removable internal padding
- Compatibility: Eject bag, MOPOV video support, goggle, neck-brace compatible
- Certification: ASTM, CE
- Discipline: Enduro/DH/BMX
- Weight: XS/S: 1013g; M: 1034g; L/XL: 1085g
- V.I.D. Composite Construction: The Bluegrass research and development team has designed its own IT software called Virtual Impact Data, which enables it to test its helmets virtually even before building a 3D model. The Brave is available in 3 shell sizes. The smallest is for XS and S, Medium for M, and the biggest for L and XL sizes. Compare that with other brands. 3 different shell sizes ensure that the exterior helmet volume is in proportion to your head size.
- EPS Intelligent Fusion Shell With Integrated Air Channels: Brain protection should be a helmet’s primary mission. The EPS inner-shell was designed to dissipate the force of an impact and prevent the brain from hitting the skull in the event of an accident. It also has an integrated network of channels, which circulate air from external intake vents around the inside of the helmet. Thanks to the Intelligent Fusion process, Bluegrass goes even further by using different densities of material depending on the characteristics of each model to improve the weight/volume ratio, while optimising the shock absorption capacity.
- D3O™ Inserts: The D3O™ inserts that are fitted in the Brave shell are the result of highly innovative technology. They are made from an orange-coloured tactile polymer material, which is composed of intelligent molecules. These are free flowing when at rest but lock (polymerise) on impact, dissipating kinetic energy.
- MX-Style Visor With Two-Point Attachment: This allows super fine-tuning of the visor position. Attached using aluminium screws. The visor naturally seats at the point of maximum air pressure on the helmet. The visor of the Brave is designed to provide the minimum drag. It is easy to use with goggles and gives maximum field of vision.
- Chin Guard With Integrated Airflow_2_Chin Air Inflow Vents: Professional riders who helped develop the Brave helmets insisted from the outset on how important it is to have air vents on the chin guard as good respiration is essential for high-performance. Bluegrass listened and went on to create the most ventilated chin guard on the market. Its design was also dictated by its search to find the best ratio between maximum protection and minimum bulk.
- No Hearing Loss: It has long been known that there is a strong link between hearing loss and the risk of accidents. Not all full-face helmet designers take the problem as seriously as Bluegrass do.
- Eject™ Compatible: The Eject™ helmet removal system was designed to aid safer removal of the helmet by using an airbag, which is placed inside the top shell of the helmet. The bag can be inflated to help the removal of the helmet and to reduce the damage to the spine (Eject™ bag not included).
- Straps/Dividers: Fearlessly throwing yourself down dizzyingly high ramps doesn’t mean you don’t pay attention to small details, which make life more comfortable. The anti-pinch buckle is for those who love excitement as well as refinement. The buckle that closes the strap system under the chin has been designed to avoid pinching.
- Padding: Washable anti-allergenic interior pads. The interior pads are vitally important for helmet comfort. We only use anti-allergenic fabric varying the thickness according to the position in the helmet. They are hand-washable.
- MOPOV Video Support Kit: Now anyone can film themselves while riding and to help you Bluegrass have designed the MOPOV (My Own Point Of View) kit, which allows you to fit your on board camera onto your helmet in a flash. This lightweight, removable kit is fitted on the side of the helmet. The system is suitable for multi brands. Nothing remains on the helmet after use. The self-adhesive fitting on your camera fixes to the MOPOV and not to the helmet itself.
Buy Bluegrass Protection from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.