Shimano Acera MT420 4 Piston Disc Brake Caliper
Perfectly suited for MTB, trekking and even E-bike riding, this hydraulic disc brake caliper offers consistent braking performance and reliable stopping power in all conditions. It features a four piston caliper that instils greater downhill confidence and control, whether you're shredding the trails or exploring the off-road. In comparison to its 2-piston predecessor, this model offers a 20% increase in braking power and a 150% increase in wear-resistance. This makes it more then capable of handling all the challenges that are associated with all-day epics in the mountains.
- Material: Aluminium painted
- Use: MTB, Trekking and E-bike
- Pad Mount: Split pin
- Pad Standard: D03S Resin; D02S Metal
- One Way Bleeding: Yes
- Oil: Shimano mineral oil
- Mount Type: Post-type
- Hose Joint: Straight
- Fixing Bolt Tool Size: 5mm
- Caliper Fixing Bolt: Snap ring
- Brake Type: Hydraulic disc brake
- Brake Hose Type: SM-BH90-SS
- Recommended Brake Lever: BL-MT401, BL-MT402-3A
- Recommended Brake Rotor: SM-RT30 *, SM-RT54 *, SM-RT56 *, SM-RT64
- Pad Compatibility: * Only compatible with resin pad
- Number of Pistons: 4
- Front or Rear: Can be used as either
- Single or Pair: Single
- Part Number: BRMT420FR
- Four Piston: Disc brake system with the dual diameter opposed-piston caliper design has differently sized pistons in front and in the rear. The system adopts a power transfer system in which the disc brake rotor is pressed by the smaller sized piston at the entrance of the disc brake rotor intake and also by the more powerful larger sized piston at the back. This prevents the wobbling motion of the disc brake rotor and reduces noises significantly. The 4-piston caliper also allows a wider contact area for the disc brake rotor while keeping the size compact, and the efficient location of pads is adjusted as necessary to stabilize the pressure. In combination use with the SERVOWAVE lever it provides an incredible 50% more stopping power than the previous model. The advanced SAINT/ZEE disc brake system, which adjusts to accommodate the different braking styles of different riders, offers stable braking power and excellent modulation.
- One Way Bleeding: “ONE WAY BLEEDING” was developed for quick and easy prevention of air in our hydraulic system. We have streamlined the oil route throughout the system to prevent air bubbles from being captured in the system. One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
A 2-year warranty is offered with all Shimano products from Chain Reaction Cycles (3 years on Dura-Ace and XTR products).
Buy Shimano Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.