Shimano SLX M7100 Disc Brake
This perfect combination of a rider tunable SLX M7100 brake lever and a two-piston disc brake caliper delivers top-level Shimano braking performance all across the mountain. Enjoy stable and versatile high-performance braking control from the lightweight caliper that's quick and easy to install. Furthermore, its lever allows for greater flexibility with an action-optimised cockpit layout, so you can weave your mountain bike around the most aggressive trails in style.
- Material: Brake Lever, Caliper and Housing: Aluminium; Fixing Screws: Steel
- Type: Hydraulic disc brake
- Use: Cross Country, Touring, Mountain Bike
- Lever Mount: Standard handlebar clamp
- Pads: Resin (organic)
- Piston: 2-piston
- Caliper Mount: Post Mount
- Adjustment: Tool-less reach adjust
- Brake Fluid Type: Mineral
- Single or Pair: Single, sold individually
- Fully Assembled, pre-bled and ready for use
Manufacturer's Part Numbers:
- 1700mm Left Hand Rear: M7100BLR
- 1000mm Right Hand Front: M7100BRF
- 1000mm Left Hand Front: IM7100JLFPNA100
- 1700mm Right Hand Rear: IM7100JRRXNA170
- Servo Wave Action: When you pull a Servowave brake lever, initial pad travel is fast, so little lever movement is needed to bring the pads into contact with the rotor. The power multiplication factor then increases rapidly at the pad-to-rim contact so more of the lever stroke is used to apply greater braking power with improved control.
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever is equipped with a reach adjust mechanism. The distance from the handlebar grip to lever can be adjusted to suit any hand size, type of riding and individual rider preferences.
- I-SPEC EV Compatible: I-SPEC EV creates a clean and action-optimized cockpit that provides greater focus and flexibility for a wider range of riders. Wider adjustment range allows riders of various styles, preferences and body styles to adjust to the optimal position. Ergonomic design, quicker lever access, and light operation enhance rider comfort and concentration.
- Ice Technologies: The fade, which can occur to disc brake rotor and pad when braking on a long downhill ride, decreases the braking performance. Shimano has adopted Ice Technologies disc brake rotor and Ice Technologies pad to realize the cooling technology for consistent performance. The clad disc brake rotor blade, which has a 3 layer-sandwich structure of stainless steel, aluminium and stainless steel, provides better radiation performance achieving from 400˚C to 300˚C surface temperature. Also, the radiation fin has been adopted for the pad. Moreover, the clad disc brake rotor blade and the radiator fin provide long pad life, less noise, less fade and lightweight.
- One Way Bleeding: One Way Bleeding was developed for quick and easy prevention of air in our hydraulic system. We have streamlined the oil route throughout the system to prevent air bubbles from being captured in the system. One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
Click HERE to check out the Shimano Brake Reference Guides.
A 2-year warranty is offered with all Shimano products from Chain Reaction Cycles (3 years on Dura-Ace and XTR products).
Buy Shimano Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.
1700mm Left Hand Rear: M7100BLR 1000mm Right Hand Front: M7100BRF 1000mm Left Hand Front: IM7100JLFPNA100 1700mm Right Hand Rear: IM7100JRRXNA170