Shimano XT M8100 Brake Caliper
Feel the benefit of stable and versatile stopping power from this high-performance 2-piston caliper that's engineered for MTB use. It features superior modulation which gives you greater control on aggressive trail sections, while its quicker piston retraction allows for more precise operation. If you're interested in taking your trail riding up a notch, this superb model is the perfect place to start.
- Material: Aluminium painted
- Use: MTB
- Piston: 2-piston
- Caliper Mount: Post Mount
- Type: Hydraulic disc brake
- Pads: G03A Resin without fin
- Hose Connection: Banjo
- Brake Fluid: Mineral oil
- Recommended Lever: BL-M8100
- Ice Technologies: The fade, which can occur to disc brake rotor and pad when braking on a long downhill ride, has a negative impact on the braking performance. Shimano has adopted Ice Technologies disc brake rotor and Ice Technologies pad to realise the cooling technology for consistent performance. The clad disc brake rotor blade, which has a 3 layer-sandwich structure of stainless steel, aluminium and stainless steel, provides better radiation performance achieving from 400˚C to 300˚C surface temperature. Also, the radiation fin has been adopted for the pad. Moreover, the clad disc brake rotor blade and the radiator fin provide long pad life, less noise, less fade and lightweight.
- One Way Bleeding: One Way Bleeding was developed for quick and easy prevention of air in our hydraulic system. We have streamlined the oil route throughout the system to prevent air bubbles from being captured in the system. One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
Click HERE to check out the Shimano Brake Reference Guides.
A 2-year warranty is offered with all Shimano products from Chain Reaction Cycles (3 years on Dura-Ace and XTR products).
Buy Shimano Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.