Shimano XT M8100 Mountain Bike Disc Brake
The stunning XT M8100 Mountain Bike Disc Brake from Shimano combination features a two-piston caliper and a rider tunable lever for outstanding stopping power on the trails. Its lever gives you an action-optimised cockpit layout for greater flexibility while its reach adjustment suits any hand size. Its caliper offers quicker piston retraction for superior modulation and control, so you'll benefit from a more efficient braking set-up. This lightweight and easy to install model is ideal for taking your off-road adventures to the next level.
- Material: Lever: Aluminium anodised; Caliper: Aluminium painted
- Use: MTB (mountain bike)
- Caliper Mount: Post Mount
- Lever Length: 2 finger
- Adjustment: Tool-less reach adjustment
- Piston: 2-piston
- Pads: G03A Resin without fin
- Brake Fluid: Mineral oil
- Weight: 284g (approx)
- Servo Wave Action: When you pull a Servowave brake lever, initial pad travel is fast, so little lever movement is needed to bring the pads into contact with the rotor. The power multiplication factor then increases rapidly at the pad-to-rim contact so more of the lever stroke is used to apply greater braking power with improved control.
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever is equipped with a reach to adjust mechanism. The distance from the handlebar grip to lever can be adjusted to suit any hand size, type of riding and individual rider preferences.
- Free Stroke: The distance from the initial lever position to pad contact point can be adjusted to suit any hand size, type of riding and individual rider preferences.
- Ice Technologies: The fade, which can occur to disc brake rotor and pad when braking on a long downhill ride, has a negative impact on the braking performance. Shimano has adopted Ice Technologies disc brake rotor and Ice Technologies pad to realise the cooling technology for consistent performance. The clad disc brake rotor blade, which has a 3 layer-sandwich structure of stainless steel, aluminium and stainless steel, provides better radiation performance achieving from 400˚C to 300˚C surface temperature. Also, the radiation fin has been adopted for the pad. Moreover, the clad disc brake rotor blade and the radiator fin provide long pad life, less noise, less fade and lightweight.
- One Way Bleeding: One Way Bleeding was developed for quick and easy prevention of air in our hydraulic system. We have streamlined the oil route throughout the system to prevent air bubbles from being captured in the system. One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
Click HERE to check out the Shimano Brake Reference Guides.
A 2-year warranty is offered with all Shimano products from Chain Reaction Cycles (3 years on Dura-Ace and XTR products).
Buy Shimano Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.