Fox Suspension 36 Float Performance Boost Fork
An ideal addition to your mountain bike’s (MTB’s) front end for taking on the toughest enduro trails in the World, the 36 Float Performance fork will soak up the biggest drops and hits as you dominate on all types of terrain.
This high-quality mountain bike (MTB) suspension fork is trail-ready with anodised upper tubes for hard-wearing performance and durability wherever your next ride takes you. Engineered for everything from day long epics on your favourite trails, it's kitted out with Boost axle spacing for extra stiffness as you dominate your way around the mountain. Another highlight is its lightweight Float air spring and GRIP damper for excellent tuneability and control. As a result, it's easy to dial in your settings to match your riding style as well as the terrain. Equipped with some of Fox's finest technologies, this suspension fork is a great choice of upgrade for singletrack trail riding, bike park routes and enduro racing.
Inspired from moto, the GRIP damper uses Fox Suspension's FIT sealed cartridge technology combined with a coil-sprung, independent floating piston. GRIP allows excess oil to purge through specially designed ports at the top of the damper to maintain consistent damping and increase durability.
E-MTB Compatible Suspension Fork
Compatible electric mountain bikes (E-MTB), this suspension fork is built to perform everywhere from big backcountry routes to the EWS circuit. No stranger to winning awards, accolades and Enduro World Series (EWS) races, it features a new design inside-and-out and it's part of Fox Suspension's Performance Series which includes an anodised finish on its upper tubes for extra protection against wear and corrosion. It's also equipped with Boost axle spacing for additional stiffness, making it ideal for modern enduro riding. Coming complete with a Float EVOL air spring and a GRIP damper with three-position on-the-fly adjustability, this E-bike-ready fork provides a wide range of customisation, so you can benefit from a more rider-tuned feel.
Fox Suspension GRIP Damper
Fox Suspension's GRIP damper is the benchmark for unparalleled ride quality and convenient 3-position adjustability. GRIP includes the brand's Open/Medium/Firm external fine-tuning dial, so you can customise ride performance on-the-fly. The GRIP damper achieves with the twist of a knob when typically, this level of adjustability would require the time-consuming and complicated task of completely disassembling and reassembling the fork.
Float Air Spring
EVOL technology increases negative air spring volume, optimising small bump sensitivity. EVOL’s linear spring curve delivers plushness off the top, extra mid-stroke support, and more tunable bottom-out progression. The benefits of EVOL are further enhanced by Fox Suspension's updated Lower Leg channels, which functions to reduce air pressure captured in the lower legs, allowing the EVOL air spring to operate freely without unintended interference.
- Upper Tube Finish: Black Anodized
- Intended Use: Trail
- Air Spring: FLOAT EVOL
- Damper: GRIP (Open/Medium/Firm)
- Travel: 160mm
- Wheel Size: 27.5"
- Axle: 15QR x 110mm Boost
- Steerer: 1.1.8" to 1.5" Tapered
- Offset: 44mm
- Air Channels: Yes
- Bleeders: Yes
- Floating Axle: Yes, Kabolt X Axle 15QR x 110mm Boost
- Rotor Size: 180mm direct Post Mount, Up to 230mm compatible
- Mud Guard Mount: Optional FOX 36/38 Mud Guard with sturdy 4-point direct-mount attachment (Sold separately)
- Performance Series: Performance Series forks retain the same black anodized 7000 series aluminium upper tubes as Performance Elite, except paired with a GRIP damper. Push-button bleeders are not included but can be purchased separately
- Adjustments: Three on-the-fly compression damping positions Open, Medium, Firm. Additional micro-adjust between settings Detents. Low-speed rebound 10 clicks
- Floating Axle: Floating axles might look similar to other axles, but in fact they offer a distinct performance advantage due to their unique ability to match the exact width of the fork’s wheel mounting surface precisely to the front hub flange spacing, thus creating perfect chassis alignment and eliminating unwanted friction between the upper and lower fork legs. Floating axles provide much smoother suspension movement throughout the entire range of the fork’s travel, notably improving sensitivity and overall ride quality. The all-new 36 and 38 come equipped with a new quick-release lever operated patent-pending floating axle system, combining the benefit of a floating axle with the ease of a tool-free quick-release. With this system, spacing is locked in via a floating sleeve, allowing repeated front wheel removal and reinstallation while maintaining perfect fork alignment. Floating sleeve positioning comes preset from the factory so if you are unsure of how to operate the floating axle system or simply don’t want to bother with it, you can just install the front wheel and get on with your ride
- Lower Leg Bypass Channels: As a fork compresses, the air volume within the lower legs decreases, increasing air pressure. The more the fork compresses, the more pressure increases. This effect can have the unintended consequence of preventing full travel from being achieved. Fox Suspension's lower leg channels help alleviate this issue by dramatically increasing air volume within the lower legs and thereby reducing the amount of additional unintended pressure ramping. Another benefit of these channels is that lower leg bath oil is circulated to the upper reaches of the lower legs, continuously lubricating the foam rings and bushings as the fork compresses and extends through its travel
- Lower Leg Arch: Stiffness-to-weight is the ultimate metric for bicycle design. Engineers invest countless hours poring over every ounce of material in an effort to optimize this critical ratio. Fox Suspension's lower leg design pulls out all the stops, shaving every possible gram while making sure not to compromise stiffness or strength requirements of modern enduro and gravity style riding. Modern frame designs and geometry trends require modern suspension design solutions. The arch design of the all-new 36, 38, and 40 is designed to pair perfectly with modern Enduro and Downhill bikes. Head tube profiles have grown larger and larger, and fork offsets shorter and shorter. Fox Suspension's arch shape takes this need into account by jutting forward to provide ample headtube clearance at full compression. State-of-the-art computer modelling techniques helped us to create an organic lower leg shape that optimizes stiffness with the absolute minimal amount of material
- Increased crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles
- Optional mudguard with sturdy 4-point direct-mount attachment protects upper tubes and dust wipers from dirt and debris. (Available separately)
Buy Fox Suspension Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.