Kona Libre Adventure Road Bike 2019
Combining the best of road bike and mountain bike technologies, the Libre gives you the ultimate machine for conquering every adventure. It features a hard-wearing carbon frame and fork construction, which allows you to enjoy its fantastic stiffness without any unnecessary weight. Coming equipped with a Shimano 105 2x11 drivetrain, you'll benefit from its maximum gear range while its WTB 650b tubeless ready wheels provide ample clearance for your favourite tyres.
- FRAME MATERIAL: Kona Race Light Carbon
- REAR SHOCK: n/a
- FORK: Kona Verso Full Carbon Flat Mount Disc
- CRANKARMS: Shimano RS510
- CHAINRINGS: 34/50t
- B/B: Shimano PF
- PEDALS: n/a
- CHAIN: KMC X11
- FREEWHEEL: Shimano 105 11-34t 11spd
- CHAINGUIDE: n/a
- F/D: Shimano 105
- R/D: Shimano Ultegra
- SHIFTERS: Shimano 105
- BRAKE CALIPERS: Shimano 105 Flat Mount
- FRONT BRAKE ROTOR: Shimano RT54 160mm (centerlock)
- REAR BRAKE ROTOR: Shimano RT54 160mm (centerlock)
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105
- HEADSET: FSA No.42ACB
- HANDLEBAR: Kona Road
- STEM: Kona Road Deluxe
- SEATPOST: Kona Thumb w/Offset 31.6mm
- SEAT CLAMP: Kona Clamp
- GRIPS: Kona Cork Tape
- SADDLE: WTB SL8 Pro
- FRONT HUB: Formula 100x12mm (centerlock)
- REAR HUB: Formula 142x12mm (centerlock)
- SPOKES: Stainless Black 14g
- RIMS: WTB KOM i25 TCS
- FRONT TYRE: WTB Byway TCS 650x47c
- REAR TYRE: WTB Byway TCS 650x47c
- PAINT COLOUR: Gloss Deep Purple w/ Blue & Desert Tan Decals
- EXTRAS: n/a
- Kona Carbon: Designed to be lightweight and built to demanding standards. Carbon fiber has long been praised for its weight and strength, but rather than chase grams, we place our efforts on the performance that is possible when the right high-modulus fibers are in the right places. Our designers work very closely with our manufacturer to ensure there is no compromise to the desired ride characteristics, durability and – finally – weight stipulations that we expect from our bikes.
- Integrated Headset: Integrated headsets are simple, light and effective headset systems whereby the bearing race cups are actually part of the head tube, and they are either machined away and left with the head tube, bonded (carbon), or welded in with steel or alloy. Like an internal headset, an integrated headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
- Tapered Headtube: More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance. The inherent strength of its triangular design also means a stronger steering position and improved balance, giving the rider more control in rough terrain. A zero-stack, tapered head tube also puts strength where the load is going—into the lower headset cup—maximizing bearing durability where it’s needed.
- 650b Wheels: 650b wheels and tires have a similar overall diameter to a traditional 700c gravel or commuting tire, but with a smaller diameter rim and a wider, taller tire. The extra air volume in this new generation of urban and mixed-surface tires means they can be run comfortably at lower pressures while still rolling quickly on a variety of surfaces. It’s the best of both worlds.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Kona Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.