SRAM G2 R Disc Brake
Featuring a robust cast aluminium lever body and a forged aluminium caliper, this mountain bike (MTB) hydraulic disc brake is capable of handling all the intensity that's associated with all-day epics in the mountains. SRAM has also equipped this version with tool-free reach adjustment, so you can easily tweak the distance between the lever and your handlebar for a more rider-tuned braking feel. Another highlight is its powerful organic brake pads that deliver an exceptional feel and bite as you weave between the trails at speed.
The core of brake performance is consistency. Reliability. Trust. And with G2 R, SRAM focused on offering a premium value without compromising the heart of the operation. This brake gives riders the G2s famed “Mini-Code” power and a whole suite of SRAM standard features at an absolutely unbeatable value.
Power organic pads give riders both feel and bite.
Engineered for easy installation and maintenance.
Tools-free reach adjust for quick personalisation.
- Lever Blade Material: Aluminium
- Finish Material: Stamped with Anodised
- Caliper Body Material: Aluminium
- Piston Material: Phenolic Plastic
- Pad Type: Steel-backed Organic
- Use: Mountain Bike (MTB)
- Brake Type: Hydraulic disc brake
- Mount: Direct mount DIR
- Number of Pistons: 4
- Caliper Construction: Two-piece
- Hydraulic Fluid: DOT 4
- Recommended Rotor Type: 1-piece CenterLine (available separately)
- Single or Pair: Single
- Please Note: Rotor/Bracket sold separately
- DirectLink: SRAM’s DirectLink lever design produces a solid, positive feel the second you squeeze the lever to engage the brake. It offers a no-nonsense solution to give you precise control.
- Power Reserve Geometry: Your fingers pull in a straight line, but brake levers move in an arc. Bottom line: Your fingers typically want to slip off the ends of the levers as you pull. We designed all of our brakes with the industry's lowest X Factor (that's the distance from the center of the handlebar to the center of the lever's pivot). That reduces the lever's inward travel, creating an arc that's closer to your fingers' natural motion and more power is delivered to the brake lever. And, the cool part is, every SRAM and Avid brake lever has it.
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.
- S4 Lightweight 4-Piston Caliper: The all new S4 Caliper features four Machined and Moly-coated aluminum pistons for consistent rollback and easy set-up, Heat shield insulation and Bleeding Edge porting and adapter technology for easy bleeds.
- Timing Port Closure: A hydraulic brake’s timing port is the connection between the reservoir and the lever cylinder bore. When the lever is squeezed, a cup seal passes this area and closes the port, which pressurizes the system. SRAM’s timing port closure system features durable seals and an ultra-smooth cylinder bore finish producing dependable braking power and consistency.
Manufacturer's Part Number:
- 00.5018.177.001 Black Diffusion Rear LH 2000mm
- 00.5018.177.000 Black Diffusion Front RH 950mm
Buy SRAM Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.