Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless QR Rear Wheel
The Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Rear Wheel is a go anywhere, high-performance wheel. With a rim depth of 58mm and advanced design, this wheelset provides exceptional climbing ability while being extremely stable and fast on flatter sections. This wheel is supremely strong, fully capable of racing the cobbled streets of the Spring Classics and is light enough to excel when sprinting out of corners.
Tubeless Ready, Faster Rolling and Greater Stability
The 404 NSW is fully tubeless ready and can be easily setup to the tubeless standard. The tubeless system removes the need for an inner tube and in turn increases rolling speed, reduces the rolling mass of the wheel, which makes it lighter and more responsive while providing way more grip; getting a flat tyre is significantly reduced also. Like the other models in the Zipp NSW range, the 404 has a wide 19mm internal rim width, which integrates perfectly with the modern 25c tyre width, for more aerodynamic finesse and better all-round performance.
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Rim Width Internal: 19mm
- Rim Width Outer: 26.4mm
- Rim Depth: 58mm
- Type: Tubeless Ready
- Max Tyre Pressure: 125 psi
- Dimple Surface: ABLC Sawtooth Technology
- Brake Interface: Rim Brake
- Spoke Count: 24
- Spoke Type: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke Lacing Pattern: 2-cross
- Nipples: Sapim Secure-Lock
- Bearing Type: Cartridge
- Freehub: 11-Speed
- Weight: 882g
- Cognition: The ultimate in Zipp hub technology. Every time a conventional hub set starts to coast, friction within the freehub ratchet mechanism works like a drum brake to slow the rider down. The drag between hub shell and driver body during coasting is considered as efficiency loss, especially for road wheels. High drag also can significantly contribute to chain-dropping issues. The drag torque drives the cassette clockwise so the chain gets loose on the load side. The solution? The rear Cognition hub with AxialClutch technology reduces drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting. It then uses magnets to re-engage once the rider starts pedalling.
- Showstopper: Showstopper is a complimenting pairing of a directional, moulded-in, texture with silicon carbide particles suspended in the surface resin. The current media blast process applied to all Zipp rims increases the surface roughness of the brake track providing the rider with consistent and responsive braking. In order to improve this for the wettest of rides, Zipp have introduced a moulded-in groove specifically tuned for the Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro EVO Brake Pad. The grooves have been optimized to interact with leading edge (relative to the rotation of the wheel) of the brake pad and the four cooling channels. The leading edge of the pad and first two channels efficiently wipe water and debris outward, cleaning and drying the braking surface, while the second two cooling channels have maximum interference with the grooves allowing greater braking force than a smooth rim. The cleaning effects of the groove and pad interaction improve brake feel and consistency even in dry conditions.
- Hexfin Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control (ABLC): The Sawtooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are specifically clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 20mph. Sawtooth accomplishes this by inducing small sheet vortices that shed at a low magnitude, but at a higher natural frequency, thus decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the aerodynamically shielded side of the rim’s profile to further reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability.
- ImPress: Zipp’s ImPress graphics technology prints graphics directly on the wheel, which allows the dimples to do what they were designed to achieve, to control vortex shedding and the rate at which air sheds off the wheel. Managing this is crucial to stability. ImPress graphics also give NSW a distinctive stealthy look.
Buy Zipp Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.