Cane Creek DBAir CS Rear Shock
The DBAir CS features the Cane Creek proprietary climbing mode on a DBAir shock that keeps suspension fully active while climbing. This results in better control and connection to the trail while climbing, less rider fatigue and increased power transfer.
Unlike current climbing platforms, the all new Double Barrel CS provides internal climb-specific damping in BOTH compression AND rebound. And when you go downhill...it’s all Double Barrel.
Vital MTB – “4.5 star rating”
- Twin-Tube Technology: Exclusive Twin Tube Technology circulates oil continuously through the damping valving to achieve highly controllable, independent damping for both compression and rebound strokes. This unique design moves oil through externally adjustable valving instead of the main piston, allowing for superior tunability and eliminating the need for internal valving changes to achieve proper shock setup. The third video above explains this concept in more detail.
- 4-Way Independent Adjustment:
- Low Speed Compression (LSC): is used to manage traction and chassis stabilization. LSC adjustment eliminates pedal induced "bob", influences small bump sensitivity, reduces brake dive and determines how the bike will react to weight changes. The DBAir CS decouples LSC from HSC so the shock can address the aforementioned issues while still feeling plush and bottomless.
- High Speed Compression (HSC): is critical to absorbing energy from high impact forces, such as square edge hits and harsh landings. It also aids in bottom-out resistance. The DBAir CS manages HSC through an adjustable poppet valve and full oil circuit flow path. The wide adjustment range allows for custom, rider-specific tuning.
- Low Speed Rebound (LSR): works in concert with LSC to stabilize the chassis and manage traction. It is analogous to the single rebound adjuster on most other rear shocks. Rider-tuned LSR adjustment (combined with LSC) ensures maximum traction during technical climbs, high-speed chatter, off-camber corners and braking in stutter bumps.
- High Speed Rebound (HSR): An adjustment unique to the DBAir CS, HSR control enables a bike to recover quickly from deep in suspension travel while allowing for controlled take-offs from jump faces. Independent control of HSR and LSR, eliminates bucking (a high shaft speed problem) while preventing the shock from packing up (a low shaft speed problem) by inducing quick recovery.
- Weight: 509 grams (weight varies by size)
- Damping: Twin-tube independent compression and rebound in two high-speed and four low-speed damping circuits
- High Speed Compression
- Low Speed Compression
- High Speed Rebound
- Low Speed Rebound
- Air Spring Rate
- Shaft Material: Induction-hardened 4130 steel
- Shaft Diameter: 8mm
- Finish: Anodized and laser etched
- Mounting Interface: Norglide® bushing 1/2" Universal axle
- Can Size: Standard
We also stock the Mounting Hardware and Air Can XV which fit the DBAir CS:
Buy Cane Creek Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.