Schwalbe Magic Mary Addix MTB Tyre (SuperGravity)
Race-proven at the Enduro World Series and Downhill World Championships, the Magic Mary Addix model is a mountain bike tyre that will instantly improve your bike’s handling. A rider favourite amongst the pros, it gives you reliable handling over mixed terrains. This model also benefits from Schwalbe's Super Gravity construction, which makes the tyre very laterally stable after huge landings and increases the already impressive puncture protection.
Excellent Corner Grip and Braking Traction
Due to its intermediate tread profile, the Magic Mary provides excellent corner grip and braking traction in even the muddiest of terrain conditions. Its aggressive shoulder lugs and aggressive open tread design guarantees that it self cleans mud off its surface and holds on tight to any trail obstacles you speed over or need to slow down unexpectedly to tackle.
Here is a comparison between the ADDIX compounds that shows how they improve performance in relation to the VertStar, TrailStar and PaceStar Compounds.
Reasons to Buy:
- Race-proven at the Enduro World Series and Downhill World Championships.
- Instantly improves your bike's handling.
- A rider favourite amongst the pros.
- Reliable handling over mixed terrains.
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Bead Type: Folding
- Compound: ADDIX Ultra Soft, ADDIX Soft
- Casing: 67 tpi
- Tubeless Compatable: Yes (Tubeless Easy not UST)
- Execution: Super Gravity
- Use: Downhill, Enduro, Competition, Sport
- Sidewall Protection: Snakeskin
- Ideal Terrain: Mix, soft
- Tyre Pressure: 1.60 - 3.50 Bar (23-50 psi)
- Weight: 1.04kg
- ADDIX Ultra Soft: This compound with its maximum damping is perfect for hardcore use in Enduro and Downhill. Seriously improved low-temperature properties in terms of grip and damping, compared to the previous VertStar compound, make it eminently suitable for year-round use.
- ADDIX Soft: Perfectly suited to All-Mountain and Trail riding in the Enduro and Downhill world of the sport. It has impressively good rolling characteristics and at the same time outstanding damping, both of which are also evident at low temperatures. It’s also ideal for e-MTBs.
- TubelessEasy: The Monofile SnakeSkin fabric on the sidewall makes the tubeless conversion for the MTB extremely easy and safe. It also provides the best-cut protection on the sidewall.
- Tubeless Technology: Friction between the tyre and tube is now a thing of the past. This crucially reduces the rolling resistance. It is even smaller than with super light competition tyres. With tubeless, you can ride with less air pressure without restrictions to performance! This brings noticeable advantages in comfort, but also significantly more control in critical situations and on poor routes. Tubeless systems provide very high puncture protection. Sudden air loss due to bursting tubes or valves tearing is ruled out. At the same time, a puncture protection fluid seals incisions within a tenth of a second, during the ride.
- Super Gravity: The Super Gravity carcass construction comprises of a Quadruple Ply carcass that makes the tyre sidewall stable and safe. The tread remains extremely flexible and grippy with two carcass plies. It also has all around SnakeSkin protection for excellent resistance against cuts and slices.
- Evo Line: The very best possible, highest-grade materials available, combined with the latest technology to create the highest standard in Schwalbe tyre creation and construction.
Buy Schwalbe Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.