Stans No Tubes Crest Mk3 MTB Wheelset
The legendary Crest just got even better. Wider and even lower profile, the Crest Mk3 sheds weight for faster acceleration and climbing. The WideRight 23mm internal width increases tyre volume for improved stability with wider tyres. Inspired by Stan's carbon technology, the entirely new rim shape adds strength and virtually eliminates the chance of a tyre pinch flat.
Refined over the past 15 years, our Bead Socket Technology offers the most trusted tubeless seal in the business, making the Crest Mk3 the best choice for lightweight, tubeless XC performance.
- 23mm internal rim width for more stability with larger tyres
- 16g lighter than the original Crest (29" size)
- Low-profile shape rolls faster, lasts longer, and helps stop tyre pinch flats
- Laterally stiffer and stronger for improved handling
- Wider but even lighter than the original Crest
- More durable rim shape and alloy
- Neo hubs accelerate quicker and last longer
- Most trusted tubeless system for easy setup and low maintenance
- Sapim Secure Lock aluminium nipples
- Legendary Crest climbing and speed in a high volume rim
- WideRight optimised for XC tyres
- Material: 6069 Aluminium Alloy
- Rim Internal Width: 23.0mm
- Rim External Width: 26.3mm
- Rim Depth: 15.8mm
- Spokes: Sapim Force Black 2.0/1.7/1.8mm
- Nipples: Sapim Secure Lock Alloy Black
- Hub: Neo
- Hole Count: 28-hole, 32-hole
- Drilling Style: Symmetrical
- Brakes: Disc only
- ERD: 542mm (26")/567mm (27.5")/605mm (29")
- ETRTO: 559x23.0 (26")/584x23.0 (27.5")/622x23.0 (29")
- ISO: 26"x26.3mm/27.5"x26.3mm/29"x26.3mm
- Tape: 25mm
- Valve: 35mm Presta
- Spoke Tension: 95kgf (930N)
- Max Rider Weight: 86kg
- Max Pressure with 2.0" Tyre: 40psi
- Max Pressure with 2.25" Tyre: 38psi
- Rim Weight: 326g (26")/341g (27.5")/364g (29")
- Wheelset Weight: 1528g (27.5")/1592g (29")
- WideRight: We all know the most important piece to the bicycle-terrain interaction is the contact patch between the tyre and terrain, so tyre profile and tyre pressure play huge roles in bicycle performance and overall handling. However many rims just don't work well with the tyres we're all using. Rims that are too narrow fail to offer sufficient sidewall support and protection to your tyres and create a less stable shape. The result is less control in the corners, less traction on climbs, and more rolling resistance. Rims that are too wide also distort the tyre profile, decreasing traction and control and driving impacts directly into the rim, negating the impact absorbing advantages of a tyre's volume. Stan's WideRight rim widths are designed to strike the perfect balance between tyre volume and sidewall function.
- BST (Bead Socket Technology): Bead Socket Technology rims are designed to match the shape of your tyre's bead to create a safer and more secure airtight interface. Unlike the secure “socket” of a BST design, conventional rim shapes drive the bead of the tyre down deeper into the rim, putting pressure on sidewalls that causes friction, restricts tyre volume, and keeps the interface from forming a sufficient seal for tubeless use. BST rims secure the bead of the tyre, not the sidewall, creating an airtight seal while allowing the tyre's sidewall to expand to its true, rounder, more effective profile. The result is more traction and less rolling resistance. With lower-profile, less vulnerable sidewalls, Stan's BST rims are also lighter and stronger by design, and accelerate more quickly.
- Neo Hub: The Stan's Neo hub has a 100% precision CNC machined hub shell that is both incredibly light and strong. It features a 4 pawl, 36-point (10o) drive system for amazingly quick engagement. Oversized bearings ensure maximum durability and the swaged axle & wide bearing stance is 3 times stronger than conventional designs. There is a high durometer main seal integrated into the hub shell and the SealLock end caps lock into place bringing unmatched smoothness.
Buy Stan's No Tubes Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.