Fulcrum Racing 4 DB Road Disc Wheelset (2019)
The Fulcrum Racing 4 Road Disc Wheelset is a combination of high-quality machined hubs with stainless steel bearings and 35mm deep aluminium disc rims. They are a durable, lightweight wheelset that is tubeless ready and can be used with either bolt thru or quick release framesets.
Aerodynamic Rolling Efficiency
These disc brake compatible road bike wheels are ideally suited to a rider who is looking for an aerodynamic race wheel that excels in rolling efficiency, powerful braking performance and world class manufacturing techniques and technologies. They're equally suited to applying every watt output by the rider to the road on steep alpine ascents as it is to providing stable, predictable, competitive and safe disc brake performance on long and fast descents. It will be at home on any race bike, triathlon event, long-distance rides and training loops.
- Material: Rims & Hubs: Aluminium; Spokes: Stainless Steel
- Wheel Type: Clincher
- Discipline: Race, Triathlon, Endurance
- Tyre Type: Clincher, 2-Way Fit ready
- Brake Type: Disc brake only
- Rim Profile: 35mm
- Rim External Width: 23.5mm
- Braking System: Disc
- Axle Compatibility: QR (Quick Release), Thru Axle (12mm)
- Spoke Type: Round, Straight Pull
- Spoke Count: Front: 24; Rear: 24
- Spoke Nipples: Aluminium
- Bearings: Sealed cartridge
- Freehub: Hyper-glide (HG)
- Cassette Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM Road cassettes 9-11 speed
- Tubeless Compatible: Yes
- Rider Weight Limit: 109 kg (Cyclist)
- Included: Wheelset, QR end caps 12mm end caps, rim tape (no QR skewers)
- Weight: 1.69kg
- 2-Way Fit: This tubeless system is specifically designed for Fulcrum road wheels when used in conjunction with Schwalbe Tubeless easy (TL-Easy) clincher tyres.
- Disc Specific Rim: Fulcrum is one of the first wheel manufacturers to create two completely different rim profiles, one for rim brakes, one for disc. The aim was to save as much weight as possible for the disc brake rim and to achieve greater aerodynamics. The added rim width means also that tyres with widths of 28mm and upwards can fit perfectly to this rim profile.
- AFS Axle System: Using a disc rotor mount on the hub body and a Thru-axle engagement, Fulcrum has developed an axle system that integrates perfectly with the frame/fork dropouts and provides flex-free performance when putting the power down and optimised stability when applying heavy braking loads to your disc brake calipers.
- Monoblock Disc Hub: The main issue that Fulcrum addressed was to combat the braking force that is applied to the wheel when using disc brakes, which creates a loss in braking power and causes the wheel to flex. Fulcrum designed a hub to be created from a complete Monoblock one-piece system, which features internal stiffening struts. This hub design creates a flex free, stiff wheel foundation that performs to a consistently exceptional level when accelerating and braking.
- Anti-Rotation System: This system locks the spoke in place once the correct tension is achieved. Engineers at Fulcrum have designed this system to ensure the spokes never lose their initial tension and to remain in the position that has been proven to provide the perfect aerodynamic properties.
Buy Fulcrum Wheels&Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.