Fulcrum Racing 5 DB Road Disc Wheelset
The Fulcrum Racing 5 Road Disc Wheelset is an aluminium wheelset that provides the perfect tyre profile for modern width tyres and supplies exceptional braking performance thanks to having a disc brake specific design. Featuring a low asymmetric wheel profile that gives the wheels excellent agility and responsiveness, which leads to predictable and effortless steering in the most demanding conditions.
Exceptionally Well Balanced
These wheels are exceptionally well balanced and this is thanks to the design and manufacturing attention to detail that Fulcrum has applied. The careful construction of hubs, rims, rear freehub and disc rotor mount placement has created a wheelset that is stiff, reactive and can provide instant power transfer from the rider to the road.
- Material: Rims & Hubs: Aluminium; Spokes: Stainless Steel
- Discipline: Race, Triathlon, Endurance
- Tyre Type: Clincher, 2-Way Fit ready
- Rim Profile: 26mm asymmetrical
- Rim External Width: 21.8mm
- Braking System: Disc
- Axle Compatibility: QR, Thru Axle
- Spoke Type: Round, Straight Pull
- Spoke Count: Front: 24; Rear: 24
- Bearings: Sealed cartridge
- Weight: 1.61kg
- 2-Way Fit: This tubeless system is specifically designed for Fulcrum road wheels when used in conjunction with Schwalbe Tubeless easy (TL-Easy) clincher tyres.
- Disc Specific Rim: Fulcrum is one of the first wheel manufacturers to create two completely different rim profiles, one for rim brakes, one for disc. The aim was to save as much weight as possible for the disc brake rim and to achieve greater aerodynamics. The added rim width means also that tyres with widths of 28mm and upwards can fit perfectly to this rim profile.
- AFS Axle System: Using a disc rotor mount on the hub body and a Thru-axle engagement, Fulcrum have developed an axle system that integrates perfectly with the frame/fork dropouts and provides flex-free performance when putting the power down and optimised stability when applying heavy braking loads to your disc brake calipers.
- Monoblock Disc Hub: The main issue that Fulcrum addressed was to combat the braking force that is applied to the wheel when using disc brakes, which creates a loss in braking power and causes the wheel to flex. Fulcrum designed a hub to be created from a complete Monoblock one-piece system, which features internal stiffening struts. This hub design creates a flex free, stiff wheel foundation that performs to a consistently exceptional level when accelerating and braking.
- Anti-Rotation System: This system locks the spoke in place once the correct tension is achieved. Engineers at Fulcrum have designed this system to ensure the spokes never lose their initial tension and to remain in the position that has been proven to provide the perfect aerodynamic properties.
Buy Fulcrum Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.