Giro Xara Womens Helmet
The Xara is new to our Women's Series line and a great option for off road riders looking for a stylish low-profile design with breezy ventilation and great durability. Ready for anything from casual to aggressive trail riding, Xara keeps you cool and comfortable with 17 Wind Tunnel vents, the micro-adustability of Roc Loc 5 plus, our patented P.O.V visor that deflects the sun, rain, brush and branches.
- Suggested Use: Womens-specific, Recreational MTB, Touring, Urban/Commute, Cruiser/Casual
- Features: X-Static padding
- Construction: Full-wrap In-Mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Fit System: Roc Loc 5
- Ventilation: 17 Wind Tunnel vents with internal channeling
- In-Mold Construction - In-mold construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows us to sculpt better ventilation systems, so In-mold helmets can be lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- Wind Tunnel™ Ventilation - Giro helmets are developed utilizing our proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. This significant increase in air channeling makes a difference that riders will immediately feel and appreciate.
- P.O.V.™ Visor - Point Of View visors are anchored by a patented internal clutch mechanism that allows 15-degrees of tool-free, on-the-fly vertical adjustment while preventing the visor from rattling and coming loose over rough and technical terrain.
- Roll Cage™ - Roll Cage reinforcement is a tough web of DuPont ® Nylon® molded inside a helmet’s EPS foam liner. It provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you’ll never notice…unless you need it.
- Super Fit™ Engineering For Bike Helmet - A great helmet is so comfortable that once it’s on, it virtually disappears. Our proprietary three-size Super Fit system is based on “human scale factors” data and over 20 years of crafting helmets for the best bike riders in the world. The result is pure Skull Hugging Luxury™, a helmet that fits 98% of the world’s population, yet looks (and fits) like it was custom made just for you.
- ROC Loc® 5 - After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entyrely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible.
- Three-Position Bracket: It’s never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible, yet work flawlessly with Giro eyewear (what we call Super Fit engineering).
- Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe.
- Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort.
- Women's - Although there is no difference between male and female head shapes other than a smaller average size, we offer women's specific models to keep up with the fashion forward kit found on the mountain. Finishing details and a sophisticated color palette set these models apart.
Fit guide (PDFs): Measuring tape | Sizing Chart
This helmet conforms to, or exceeds EU Standards only.
Buy Giro Helmets from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.