Nukeproof Cub-Scout 24 Race Bike (Deore) 2021
Taking inspiration from Nukeproof's award-winning Scout adult hardtail range, the Cub-Scout 24” is engineered to allow kids to learn the ropes of riding, inspire confidence on the trails and act as the perfect platform for progression. Developed and tested with the help of Nukeproof's own children, Nukeproof has created a class-leading lightweight kids bike range to inspire and nurture budding future World Cup or EWS winners!
The range of Cub-Scout Hardtails is available in 20”, 24” or 26” options; meaning that there should be a bike to suit kids of all sizes from aged 5 and up. Each bike features a lightweight custom butted 6061 Alloy frameset with bang up to date long, low and slack kids specific geometry.
Kids Specific Components
Proper fit and function of components are essential for kids bikes because adult components are not optimised for smaller people. To ensure that these bikes fit and function perfectly, Nukeproof took the time to test and develop its own or work with its partners to select the best kids-specific components they could find on the market.
- Frame: Nukeproof Cub-Scout 24”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat posts, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing
- Fork: Manitou Machete JUNIT 24in Expert Air, 100mm Travel, 1.5 Tapered Steerer, 42mm Offset, BOOST 15x110mm Bolt-thru Axle
- Axle to Crown: 455mm
- Fork Offset: 38mm
- Front Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron 15x110mm BOOST hub on WTB STi30 24" TCS Rim
- Rear Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 24" TCS Rim
- Wheel Size: 24"
- Tyres: Front & Rear: Maxxis Minion 24" x 2.4” EXO TR (Tubeless Ready)
- Max Tyre Size: 2.6"
- Crankset: Samox TAF38J 2 Piece Crank 152mm, 32T, BCD 104
- Protection: Kevlar Chainstay Protector
- Brakes: Tektro M291 Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes, Direct Post mount
- Front Rotor: Tektro Wave, 160mm
- Rear Rotor: Tektro Wave, 160mm
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano M5120 Deore, Shadow Plus, 10-Speed
- Chain: KMC X10-1 10-Speed, with Quick Link
- Chain Guide: ISCG05
- Cassette: Sunrace CSMS2 10-Speed, 11-46T
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Urchin 640mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Urchin, Black
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Urchin, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset
- Seat Clamp: 31.8mm
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-44 IETS, ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8 (For Tapered fork)
- Bottom Bracket: Threaded 68mm BSA
- Grips: Nukeproof Urchin Clamp lock on, 115mm Long, Soft Compound
- Weight: 11.2kg/24.64lbs (Tubeless)
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Nukeproof Cub-Scout Size Chart
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.