Vitus Rapide 29 VR Mountain Bike
Taking trail riding performance to the next level, the Vitus Rapide 29 VR is a fast, agile and responsive trail-warrior for riding anywhere on the mountainside. With its alloy frame, RockShox Reba suspension and Shimano 11-Speed drivetrain, this hardtail is perfect for XC racing, fast trail riding and exploring far from the beaten track.
Fast and Agile Cross Country Hardtail MTB
The Rapide cross country hardtail takes all the great characteristics from its carbon big brother. It’s fast, it’s fun and will put a smile on your face. The alloy boost frameset features tried and tested geometry to allow you to reach your true potential
RockShox Suspension and Shimano Deore 11-Speed Drivetrain
The Rapide VR is built to be fast and fun. With the superb 100mm RockShox Reba forks with OneLoc remote to lock out suspension on the fly providing maximum speed on the climbs. Shimano's performance 1x11 Deore wide range drivetrain ensures you have enough gears for even the steepest climbs. Shimano's M6100 brakes give you enough stopping power for the rewarding descents.
This XC machine rolls on WTB rims paired with a Schwalbe Racing Ray/Racing Ralph tyre combo for a perfect blend of speed and grip. Vitus components complete this confidence inspiring Rapide VR.
- Frame: Rapide Alloy 6061-T6, Post mount disc brake mounts, internal cable routing, BSA threaded BB, Boost hub spacing – 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Fork: RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air, motion control damper, 32mm stanchions, 100mm travel, tapered alloy steerer, Boost hub spacing – 110mm x 15mm Maxle Stealth axle. RockShox OneLoc Sprint
- Headset: Acros AiX-322 R3 Sealed bearings, OD46 41.8/28.6 – 52/40
- Handlebar: Vitus 6061 alloy 5mm rise, 9° back sweep, 720mm wide S, 740mm wide M/ L/XL
- Stem: Vitus alloy 6061 3D forged, - 7° rise, reach – S -70mm/M-80mm/L -90mm/XL-100mm
- Grip(Tape): Vitus lock on
- Front Rim: WTB ST i25 TCS 2.0, 29” 32h tubeless tape fitted
- Rear Rim: WTB ST i25 TCS 2.0, 29” 32h tubeless tape fitted
- Front Hub: Vitus KT-DHF112 32h, 6 bolt, Boost 110mm x 15mm thru axle
- Rear Hub: Vitus KT- H5ER-SH 32h, 6 bolt, Boost 148mm x 12mm thru axle
- Front Tyre: Schwalbe Racing Ray EVO snakeskin, TLE, Addix speedgrip, 29” x 2.25”
- Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, TLE Addix speed, 29” x 2.25”
- Chain: KMC X11 11 speed
- Crankset: Shimano MT510 30t, S 170mm/M,L,XL 175mm
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BSA
- Front Brake Set: Shimano Deore MT6100
- Rear Brake Set: Shimano Deore MT6100
- Rotors: Shimano RT56 6 bolt, 180mm front / 160mm rear
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore M5100 Shadow plus, long cage, 11 speed
- Rear Shifter: Shimano Deore M5100 Rapidfire plus, 11 speed
- Freewheel: Shimano Deore M5100 11t-51t, 11 speed
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seat Post: Vitus 6061 alloy 31.6mm x 400mm, 0mm offset
- Seat Screw: Vitus bolt, 34.9mm
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools and plastic pedals are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.