Vitus Sommet 29 CRX Mountain Bike
The Sommet 29 CRX is a high-end enduro race bike that features a full-carbon frame that Vitus has equipped with Kashima coated Fox Float Factory Series suspension and a Shimano XT 1x12-Speed groupset. This bike glides over rough terrain and finds traction and control in weather conditions, while smoothly shifting across its gear range and ensures exceptional stopping power. It also rolls upon Tubeless Ready Nukeproof Horizon V2 wheels wrapped in high-grip Maxxis Assegai and Minion DHR II race tyres.
Fast and Aggressive All-Terrain Race Mountain Bike
The big-hitting Vitus Sommet CRX 29 Mountain Bike is all about the rush. The rush of air, the rush of trees passing you in a blur, the rush of tyres through dirt, the rush of light, the rush of sounds - the brief snapshots that flood your senses and place you deep in the zone.
And then there’s the rush that boils up inside you and the feeling of total control as you float from take-off to landing and rip down descents, from bike park to big mountain. The rush as you roll out at the bottom of the trail and chase one last uplift. The rush that pushes you to explore your limits without overstepping the mark. This is for the full-face thrill seekers and the diehards. This is why you do it.
Agile, Durable and Stable Enduro Race Bike
The Sommet is a bike that you sit within, not perch on top. It’s a powerful rider position and together you are a team. Eagerly shred the refined berms and manicured obstacles of a trail centre but take a step into the wild and that’s where this bike really comes alive, revelling in the unpredictability of natural features and steep, technical ground. With volume added to the carbon front triangle, stability is rock solid without compromising agility. It’s not a bike for taking just any line, it’s a bike for taking the best line. A bike that tracks so accurately it rewards you with time. Time to line up the next obstacle and pick your route as the trail unfolds in front of you.
Whether threading the needle through Enduro tape or dropping into your favourite descent, speed comes easily to the Sommet. It thrives in the chaos of steep and turbulent trails. Bringing calm where all around there is frenzy.
- Big hitting enduro bike with modern geometry
- Fox 38 and Float X2 Factory Series suspension
- Shimano XT 1x12 speed drivetrain
- Powerful Shimano XT 4 piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Nukeproof Horizon V2 tubeless ready wheelset with tape applied
- Confidence-inspiring Maxxis Assegai and Minion DHR II tyres
- Carbon Sommet Enduro Platform: Modern geometry with adjustable flip chip, improved suspension kinematics and a smile inducing ride
- Frame Material: T700 carbon fibre front triangle, 6061-T6 aluminium rear
- Wheel Size: 29"
- Suspension Travel (MTB Only): 170mm Front, 162mm Rear
- Intended Use: Enduro
- Frame: Sommet T700 carbon front triangle, 6061-T6 alloy rear, Internal cable routing, post disc brake mounts, BSA threaded BB, Boost hub spacing – 148mm x 12mm thru axle. Axle Specifications: 180mm Length, 13mm Thread Length, M12xP1.0 Thread Pitch
- Rear Shock: Fox Float X2 Factory Series, Kashima coating, Grip2 air spring, 2 position lever, 205mm x 62.5mm, trunnion
- Fork: Fox 38 Float EVOL Factory Series 29", 170mm travel, Kashima coating, Grip2 damper, 38mm stanchions, 110mm x 15mm bolt through axle, 44mm offset
- Headset: Acros AZX-212-CO R5, ZS44/28.6 upper & ZS56/40 lower to suit 1-1/8" upper tapered to 1.5" lower headtube
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Horizon V2 Riser, 7075 Alloy, 25mm Rise, 9° Back Sweep, 31.8mm Clamp Diameter, S & M: 780mm Wide, L & XL: 800mm Wide
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 6061 Alloy, 50mm length, 31.8mm Handlebar Clamp Diameter, 5° Rise
- Grips: Vitus Lock On
- Wheelset: Nukeproof Horizon V2 Wheelset, 29" Front & Rear, 32H, 6 Bolt, Boost 110mm x 15mm Front & 148mm x 12mm Rear Hub Spacing, Tubeless Ready
- F/rim: Nukeproof Horizon V2, 29", 32H, Presta Valve, Tubeless Ready Rim Tape Installed
- R/rim: Nukeproof Horizon V2, 29", 32H, Presta Valve, Tubeless Ready Rim Tape Installed
- F/hub: Nukeproof Horizon V2, 32H, 6 Bolt Disc Fitment, 110mm x 15mm
- R/hub: Nukeproof Horizon V2, 32H, 6 Bolt Disc Fitment, 148mm x 12mm
- F/tyre: Maxxis Assegai, 29" x 2.50" WT, 3C MaxxGrip compound, EXO+ casing
- R/tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR II, 29" x 2.4" WT, 3C MaxxTerra compound, DD casing
- Chain: Shimano XT M8100, 12 Speed, 116 Links
- Crankset: Shimano XT M8100, 12 Speed, 32T Narrow Wide Chainring, 170mm Crank Length
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB52, BSA Threaded BB, 73mm Shell
- F/brake Set: Shimano XT, Lever: BL-M8100, Caliper: BR-M7120, Post Mount, Four Piston Caliper
- R/brake Set: Shimano XT, Lever: BL-M8100, Caliper: BR-M7120, Post Mount, Four Piston Caliper
- Rotors: Shimano RT76 or Brakco DR-02, 203mm Front & Rear, 6 Bolt Hub Fitment
- R/derailleur: Shimano XT M8100, 12 Speed, Shadow Plus, Long Cage
- R/shifter: Shimano XT M8100, 12 Speed, Rapidfire Plus
- Freewheel: Shimano XT M8100, 12 Speed, 10-51T Range
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon Enduro Saddle, Black, Steel Rails
- Seat Post: Brand-X Ascend Dropper, Remote lever, 31.6mm Diameter, S: 125mm drop, M: 150mm drop, L & XL: 170mm drop
- Seat Screw: Vitus, 36.4mm Diameter
- Weight: Medium: 15.6kg (tubeless setup)
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools and plastic pedals are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for balance bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is balance bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Please note that due to ongoing issues in the global bike supply chain, manufacturers may substitute certain component items due to availability. In this situation, they will be replaced with the same quality or better performing parts.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.