Brooks England Cambium All-Weather C13 Carved Saddle
Engineered for versatility, this high-quality saddle is equally at home on the road as it is exploring gravel backroads on your bikepacking adventure. Wherever your ride takes you, this model's continuous carbon oval rails ensure that you enjoy a strong hold to your seatpost without any unnecessary weight holding you back. Brooks England has also equipped this version with anodised rivets, which offer additional protection against corrosion during wet riding conditions. Ready for adventure, this saddle's cover features a unique nylon and vulcanised natural rubber top that's UV as well as abrasion resistant. This makes it a great choice of upgrade for riders who enjoy going the extra mile, whatever the weather conditions.
Pressure Relief Channel
Exclusive to this carved version, this saddle is kitted out with a single cut out that runs down its centre. This offers superior flexibility and pressure relief on more demanding journeys. In addition, its clever channel is better equipped with reduce anatomical discomfort and fatigue build up around your sit bones. This results in being able to take your adventures further while enjoying lasting comfort on every mile.
Lightweight All-Weather Saddle
Brooks England's lightest Cambium ever, the C13 is a racing saddle featuring a uniquely flexible vulcanised-rubber top combined with a weight-saving carbon frame. The C13 absorbs shocks and vibrations, keeping the rider in better control than common saddles with a static base and foam padding. Available in two widths, in both standard and carved versions, the C13 is the saddle for performance cycling. A lightweight and durable saddle, the C13 is finished with aluminium rivets for long-lasting use, ready for all rides, all roads and all weathers, requiring no break-in period.
- Rail Material: Continuous Carbon (Oval)
- Rivet Material: Anodised Aluminium
- Cover Material: UV + Abrasion-Resistant Waterproof Nylon Top and Vulcanised Natural Rubber
- Use: Road, Touring, Gravel, Bikepacking
- Riding Position: Forward riding position
- Dimensions: 132mm: L 275 x W 132 x H 55mm; 145mm: L 275 x W 145 x H 55mm; 158mm: L 275 x W 158 x H 55mm
- Manufacturer's Part Numbers: C203MCA06300 Black One Size 145mm; C203WCA06300 Black Wide 158mm ; C203MCA06308 White One Size 145mm; C203CA06308 White Narrow 132mm
- Weight: 132mm: 250g; 145mm: 280g; 158mm: 295g
- Naturally Flexible Rubber: Cambium saddles are made from flexible natural rubber, harvested from trees.
- All-surface Absorption: Designed to absorb shocks and smooth out the ride.
- Continuously Comfortable: Provides natural comfort for the duration of the ride in all conditions, over all-terrain, performing consistently over time and through constant use.
- Moves with You: Rubber is a natural substance that reacts to and follows the rider's movements.
- Pressure Relief and Added Flex: A single cut out helps make our Carved saddles more flexible and better able to reduce anatomical discomfort.
- What are Cambium saddles? Cambium saddles are made from vulcanised natural rubber for flexible performance when riding, reducing shocks and vibrations and offering the rider an improved road feel over traditional foam or gel saddles. This construction of the Cambium mimics the leather saddle construction and therefore offers a similar “hammock” comfort. Cambium is also maintenance-free, meaning you do not need to adjust saddle tension. Likewise, the material we use will not be affected by rain. Cambium saddles are also available in a carved version for riders who seek to reduce pressure on the perineum or desire a more flexible saddle.
- How do I care for and maintain my Cambium? With the cambium range we suggest to check your rivets to see if they are still tight. Over time, due to the vibrations from the road the rivets can loosen, though this is a seldom occurrence. Remember these saddles are hand assembled in the factory, which means all maintenance can be done by hand.
- What can I do if my saddle makes a creaking noise? A creaking noise from your saddle likely means that the nose rails are rubbing somewhere on the rubber top. This can be alleviated with a small dab of grease. Additionally, a noise can be made where the rails meet the backplate by the little black rubber plug. In this case the saddle could be reassembled and a small amount of grease applied at the contact points.
Buy Brooks England Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.