Fox Suspension 38 Float Factory Grip 2 Fork
Specifically designed for enduro riders who want to go big, this Factory Series suspension fork comes feature-packed to exceed the demands of Factory-level riders. Ready for fast enduro rides with a design that's built for speed, this model's genuine Kashima coating on its upper tubes makes it slippery smooth and ultra-durable as you conquer the most demanding of trail conditions. Thanks to its Boost axle spacing, it provides stronger and stiffer performance, while its Float EVOL air spring and GRIP2 damper with dual Variable Valve Control (VVC) make it easy to tweak it to match your riding style. Packing the same revolutionary features as the 36 model while redefining what you think a long travel single crown fork is capable of, this enduro fork sets a new benchmark for confidence, performance, and durability. Welcome to the big time.
Enduro Fork with GRIP2 Damper
Fox Suspension's GRIP2 damper is the benchmark for unparalleled ride quality and ultra-precise adjustability. GRIP2 includes the brand's patented Variable Valve Control (VVC) technology which allows for external fine-tuning of suspension performance. GRIP2 achieves with the twist of a knob what typically requires the time-consuming and complicated task of completely disassembling and reassembling the fork.
Float EVOL Air Spring
EVOL technology increases negative air spring volume, optimizing small bump sensitivity. EVOL’s linear spring curve delivers plushness off the top, extra mid-stroke support, and more tuneable bottom-out progression. The benefits of EVOL are further enhanced by Fox Suspension's Lower Leg channels and Bleeders, which both function to reduce air pressure captured in the lower legs, allowing the EVOL air spring to operate freely without unintended interference.
- Upper Tubes Finish: Genuine Kashima Coat
- Use: Enduro, Mountain Bike (MTB)
- Axle Size: 15QRx110mm Boost
- Air Spring: Float EVOL
- Damper: GRIP2 damper with dual Variable Valve Control (VVC)
- Steerer Diameter: 1.5" tapered (internally elliptical)
- Compatible Rotor Size: 180mm direct Post Mount, up to 230mm compatible
- Weight: 2180g
- Factory Series: “Factory” says it all – feature-packed and designed to exceed the demands of Factory-level riders. What we sell is what they race. Factory Series products feature slippery smooth, ultra-durable Genuine Kashima Coat.
- Adjustments: High-speed compression (with VVC) 8 clicks. Low-speed compression 16 clicks. High-speed rebound (with VVC) 8 clicks. Low-speed rebound 16 clicks.
- Floating Axle: Floating axles might look similar to other axles, but in fact they offer a distinct performance advantage due to their unique ability to match the exact width of the fork’s wheel mounting surface precisely to the front hub flange spacing, thus creating perfect chassis alignment and eliminating unwanted friction between the upper and lower fork legs. Floating axles provide much smoother suspension movement throughout the entire range of the fork’s travel, notably improving sensitivity and overall ride quality. The all-new 36 and 38 come equipped with a new quick-release lever operated patent-pending floating axle system, combining the benefit of a floating axle with the ease of a tool-free quick-release. With this system, spacing is locked in via a floating sleeve, allowing repeated front wheel removal and reinstallation while maintaining perfect fork alignment. Floating sleeve positioning comes preset from the factory so if you are unsure of how to operate the floating axle system or simply don’t want to bother with it, you can just install the front wheel and get on with your ride.
- Lower Leg Bypass Channels: As a fork compresses, the air volume within the lower legs decreases, increasing air pressure. The more the fork compresses, the more pressure increases. This effect can have the unintended consequence of preventing full travel from being achieved. Fox Suspension's lower leg channels help alleviate this issue by dramatically increasing air volume within the lower legs and thereby reducing the amount of additional unintended pressure ramping. Another benefit of these channels is that lower leg bath oil is circulated to the upper reaches of the lower legs, continuously lubricating the foam rings and bushings as the fork compresses and extends through its travel.
- Bleeders: Fox Suspension's lower leg bleeders allow for atmospheric pressure equalization at the simple press of a button. Pressure build-up in the lower legs dramatically decreases fork performance, preventing full travel from being achieved, and diminishing small bump sensitivity and responsiveness.
- Lower Leg Arch: Stiffness-to-weight is the ultimate metric for bicycle design. Engineers invest countless hours poring over every ounce of material in an effort to optimize this critical ratio. Fox Suspension's all-new lower leg design pulls out all the stops, shaving every possible gram while making sure not to compromise stiffness or strength requirements of modern enduro and gravity style riding. Modern frame designs and geometry trends require modern suspension design solutions. The arch design of the all-new 36, 38, and 40 is designed to pair perfectly with modern Enduro and Downhill bikes. Head tube profiles have grown larger and larger, and fork offsets shorter and shorter. Fox Suspension's new arch shape takes this need into account by jutting forward to provide ample headtube clearance at full compression. State-of-the-art computer modeling techniques helped us to create an organic lower leg shape that optimizes stiffness with the absolute minimal amount of material.
- Elliptical Steerer: The 38’s elliptical steer tube is one of many ways Fox Suspension has further optimized stiffness-to-weight, placing more material only where it is needed, and eliminating every ounce of it where it’s not.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers:
- 910-21-031 Black 27.5" QR110 170mm 44mm
- 910-21-028 Black 27.5" QR110 180mm 44mm
- 910-21-027 Black 27.5" QR110 180mm 37mm
- 910-20-201 Orange 27.5" QR110 170mm 44mm
- 910-21-025 Black 29" QR110 160mm 51mm
- 910-21-020 Black 29" QR110 180mm 44mm
- 910-21-024 Black 29" QR110 160mm 44mm
- 910-21-022 Black 29" QR110 170mm 44mm
- 910-20-200 Orange 29" QR110 170mm 44mm
Buy Fox Suspension Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.