Fulcrum Racing Zero Road Disc Wheelset
Coming equipped with Fulcrum's prestigious 2-Way fit technology, this road bike wheelset gives you the flexibility to run a standard clincher tyre or a tubeless tyre. This means you'll benefit from more freedom to choose which tyre set-up best suits your needs or simply run a clincher set-up for training and a tubeless set-up for racing. Coming kitted out with disc brake compatibility using the AFS axle system, this model ensures powerful and consistent braking as well as greater structural rigidity.
Aero Straight Pull Spokes and USB Bearings
Ready for racing, this wheelset features high-quality aero straight-pull spokes that use a two-to-one ratio to maximise your performance. With 21 spokes on each wheel providing a high level of torsional stiffness and stability, you'll also benefit from optimal power transfer on every mile. Another highlight is its Ceramic Ultra Smooth Bearings (USB) that are housed in a carbon hub on the front and an aluminium hub on the rear for incredibly low friction and 50% more smoothness than standard bearings.
Creating a disc brake version of the legendary Fulcrum Racing Zero was never going to be easy. It had to be something special; it had to retain the responsiveness, balance and comfort that the Zero range is famous for. Introducing the Zero DB. The ride experience is the same – equally exhilarating and now with the added advantage of superior braking in all conditions. Not to mention that disc brakes drastically extend rim life. Fulcrum has succeeded in their goal: the gold standard aluminium disc brake wheel is now available.
- Rim Material: 6082 T6 Pre-Aged Aluminium with triple milling
- Use: Road, Gravel
- Axle Compatibility: Front: 12-100mm; Rear: 12-142mm
- Rim Profile Height: Medium
- Rim Height: Front and Rear: 30mm
- Rim Width: 23.8mm
- Inner Rim Width (Channel): 19mm
- Tyre Compatibility: 2-Way fit (for clincher and tubeless)
- Tyre Width: From 23mm to 50mm
- Brake Type: Disc brake; Braking Surface: AFS
- Spoke Material: Aluminium
- Spoke Count: 21
- Spoke Ratio: Front: Two-to-one (14 left - 7 right); Rear: Two-to-one (7 left - 14 right)
- Spoke Profile: Aero, straight pull
- Nipples Material: Aluminium
- Front Hub: Carbon, Aluminium oversize flange
- Rear Hub: Aluminium, Aluminium oversize flange
- Freehub Compatibility: Shimano
- Bearings: USB ceramic bearings. Adjustable Cup & Cones bearing system
- Others: Plasma treated HG freewheel. Aluminium Axle. Reflective artwork
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Tubeless Ready: Yes
- ASTM Category: 2
- Single or Pair: Pair
- Weight Limit: 109kg (cyclist)
- Weight: 1590g
- 2-Way Fit: 2-Way Fit profile for tubeless and clincher. Fulcrum have developed 2-Way Fit technology to ensure the perfect compatibility of our tubeless rims with normal clincher types and tubes. 2-Way Fit road bike wheels are perfectly multipurpose for tackling every situation. Thanks to a special impression in the valve area, the tubes are fitted with maximum precision while keeping the tube perfectly stable inside the tyre. Housing the valve for tubeless tyres is also risk-free, with the unquestionable advantage that there are never any air infiltrations caused by non-ideal positioning when fitting.
- Rim Dynamic Balance (RDB: The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side.
- Ceramic Ultra Smooth Bearings (USB): Fulcrum has a long-standing reputation for the extremely high performance of its hubs in terms of smoothness and reliability. The hubs with USB ceramic bearings (Ultra Smooth Bearings) further enhance the triathlon and road bike wheels’ smoothness and reduce weight and the need for maintenance. Comparative tests have shown that USB bearings are 50% smoother than standard bearings. Now improving your performance during the race or simply going for a ride with your friends will be easier.
- AFS Axle System: The Axial Fixing System is the solution developed by Fulcrum to fix the disc brake to the hub. The constraint granted by the butt area of the release mechanism, greater than in familiar standard ones, makes it possible to obtain greater structural rigidity and therefore more precise and powerful braking.
- 2:1 Two-to-One Spoke Rato - Disc Brake: The advantages are truly striking. By pressing the brake, the front wheel maintains the right trajectory and does not deviate, while the rear wheel, precisely due to this spoking system, reaches a high level of torsional stiffness that enables the optimal transfer of power to the wheel. The 2:1 Two-to-One system also allows to reduce the unit load sustained by each spoke, and then to minimise the mechanical stress which will give a long life to the wheel.
- High Strength Aluminium: Special aluminium - the best aluminium wheels require carefully chosen materials. For "High strength Aluminum", Fulcrum® R&D uses only the best aluminium alloy 6082, with artificial ageing T6 temper that stabilises the alloy and gives it maximum life and reliability. Aluminium 6082 has the highest strength of the 6000 series and has replaced 6061 in many applications. It is generally used for high-stress applications.
Manufacturer's Part Number:
- FULC0146626 Black 700c Shimano
- FULC0146627 Black 700c SRAM XD SRAM XDR
Buy Fulcrum Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.