Maxxis Minion SS MTB Tyre (EXO - TR)
Perfectly filling the gap between a fast XC tyre and a high grip downhill mountain bike tyre, Maxxis brings you its Minion SS (semi-slick) model. Rolling on a tight cluster of knobs that are short and ramped, you’ll be able to quickly crank up to speed, then when you need to hang on in the corners, this still has maintained its renowned Minion shoulder grip to bite into loose terrain. Ready for tubeless setups and offering Maxxis’ tough “EXO” puncture protection, this is an MTB tyre for those that don’t know how to hold back.
Reasons to Buy:
- Quick rolling resistance.
- Fantastic grip when cornering.
- Tough puncture protection.
- Ideal for aggressive off-road riding.
- Tyre Type: Clincher
- Bead Tyre: Folding
- Compound: Dual
- Use: Designed for hard, loose over hard, and medium terrain
- Tubeless Ready: Yes
- Puncture Protection: EXO protection
- Weight: 767g (27.5x2.3")
- Tubeless Ready (TR): These tyres provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tyre; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube
- EXO Protection: An extremely cut-resistant and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls of select mountain tyres. This densely woven fabric is also lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tyre remains unaffected. Choose EXO Protection for exceptionally rocky treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high
- Silkworm Technology: An exclusive material incorporated into the casing of select models. The Silkworm material helps to increase puncture and tear resistance. Silkworm is featured as a bead-to-bead cap ply (denoted as Silkworm B2B) or under the tread as a breaker (denoted as Silkworm)
Buy Maxxis Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.