SRAM Code RSC Disc Brake
Combining the very best of the features and technologies of the Guide range into one brake, SRAM’s Code RSC model is the perfect choice for aggressive downhill riders. Ready for the toughest trails, this version adopts larger pistons and a larger master cylinder to give you incredible stopping power. These size increases also give you better modulation for careful speed control. Plus, you’ll enjoy excellent heat management for fade-free performance on long descents.
Reasons to Buy:
- Perfect for aggressive downhill riders.
- Ready for the toughest trails.
- Better modulation and speed control.
- Excellent heat management and fade-free performance.
- Lever Material: Aluminium - Forged
- Caliper Material: Forged Aluminium
- Piston material: Phenolic Plastic
- Caliper Design: 4-piston, dual diameter Caliper
- Finish: Black Anodised
- Recommended Rotor: Centerline
- Pad: Steel-backed metal sintered
- Fluid Type: DOT 5.1
- Lever Mount: Ambidextrous
- Caliper Mount: Post Mount
- Adjustment: Tool-free Reach Adjust, Contact Point Adjust, Banjo Adjust
- Special Features: Tool-free Reach Adjust, Contact Point Adjust, Piggyback Reservoir, MatchMaker X compatible
- Technology Highlight(s): SwingLink™, PURE™ Bladder, TPC™ Plus
- Pad/Holder: Top-loading
- Intended Use: AM/DH/FR
- System: Open System
- Rotor Sizes: 140 (rear), 160, 170, 180, 200, 203mm (sold separately)
- Tri-Align Caliper Positioning System: No
- Tool-Free Pad Replacement: Yes
- Bend Zone™: Yes
- Sold individually
- Stainless Hardware: Yes
Please Note: Centerline rotor NOT included
Manufacturer Reference Codes:
- Front - 950mm: 00.5018.109.000; Rear - 1800mm: 00.5018.109.001
- Contact Point Adjustment™: Some people like the instantaneous power of a short lever throw. Others prefer the feel of a longer throw. With Contact Point Adjust, you can pick the position you want your fingers to be in when your brakes are engaged. It’s a quick and easy way to customize the feel of your brakes without having to move the pads. It’s also a way to balance both brake levers to feel exactly the same
- MatchMaker and MMX Compatible: Save weight and clutter on the bar with Matchmaker. It holds Avid levers, SRAM® triggers, and various RockShox® controls, all with one tidy, light, clamp - a dream come true for handlebar component footprint conservationists the world over. Available in two versions: Matchmaker™ X integrates the RockShox®XLoc and is compatible with XX and X0 brakes. Standard Matchmaker™is also available and works with any split-clamp design and RockShox® PushLoc
- PiggyBack™ Reservoir: The brake fluid reservoir on SRAM’s latest lever design is optimized for both performance and ease of use. The PiggyBack Reservoir offers a simple, failsafe way to manage brake fluid, and also allows for ambidextrous lever placement - so you can switch your levers on the handlebar and run them moto-style without hassle
- PURE™ Bladder: SRAM’s new brake lever design includes a reshaped bladder, called Pure, that helps regulate and reduce air bubbles. The bladder is specifically shaped to evacuate air from the lever and push the fluid exactly where it’s needed. The result is improved back-pressure relief, which produces dependable braking power and consistency
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone
- SwingLink™: Squeeze a SRAM brake lever and you notice it immediately. Less deadband. More positive pad engagement. A new cam system requires less lever throw to push the pads toward the rotor. That’s great, but there’s more to perfect braking performance than just power. You need control. Many brake systems minimize deadband - but at the cost of modulation. SwingLink solves that with its special cam shape. When the pads contact the rotor, power is modulated, avoiding that “on/off” brake feel. It’s the perfect balance of power and precision
- TPC Plus™ (Timing Port Closure): A hydraulic brake’s timing port is the connection between the reservoir and the master cylinder bore. When the lever is squeezed, a cup seal passes this area and closes the port, which pressurizes the system. SRAM’s new timing port closure system, called TPC Plus, features durable seals and an ultra-smooth cylinder bore finish producing dependable braking power and consistency
Buy SRAM Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.