SRAM RED eTap AXS™ HRD Shift-Brake System
This shift-brake system is engineered to provide powerful and consistent braking performance alongside its smooth-shifting functionality. Its brake lever features a carbon construction, which gives it an excellent balance of durability and strength, without adding any unnecessary excess weight to your road bike's handlebar. SRAM has also equipped this model with a plastic shift lever behind the brake lever, so you can effortlessly control both your braking and shifting. Coming complete with a wide range of performance-enhancing technologies including AXS, eTap, Contact Point Adjustment, Bleeding Edge and X-Range, this is a perfect choice of upgrade for greater personalisation and control for modern road cycling.
Exploring New Limits Has Never Been Easier
Fully wireless electronic shifting. Fully hydraulic disc braking. The SRAM RED eTap AXS HRD shift-brake system is the future. And the future is custom. AXS enabled and easily personalised for hand size and reach, this is the best shifting and braking experience — for all riders.
SRAM RED eTap AXS offers wider range and closer progression, so you’re always in the right gear. A quiet, secure and smooth ride, whatever the terrain. A system that does exactly what you want, when you want. And it’s still wireless.
- Brake Lever Material: Carbon
- Shift Lever Material: Plastic
- Pad Type: Steel-backed Organic
- Use: Road
- Compatible Derailleurs (Hyd): SRAM eTap AXS only
- Caliper Mount Type: Post mount
- Hose Connectamajig: Stealth-a-majig Connected
- Please Note: Rotor and bracket sold separately
- Single or Pair: Single
- Bleeding Edge: With this new caliper fluid circuitry, the bleed port has been moved to the bottom of the caliper, and all four piston bores can communicate. This way, during bleeding fluid naturally fills the caliper, resulting in an easier, more consistent bleed.
- Contact Point Adjustment: Some people like the instantaneous power of a short lever throw. Others prefer the feel of a longer throw. With Contact Point Adjust, you can pick the position you want your fingers to be in when your brakes are engaged. It’s a quick and easy way to customize the feel of your brakes without having to move the pads. It’s also a way to balance both brake levers to feel exactly the same.
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.
- eTap: All of the underlying tech in our new SRAM RED eTap groupset, such as wireless shifting, advanced battery power management, and mechatronics technologies, are meant to serve one ultimate purpose: to facilitate the most intuitive and consistent shifting available. This shift logic is called eTap. Right lever makes it harder, left lever makes it easier, both levers shift the front derailleur. Simple, unmistakable, and intuitive.
- AXS: AXS is SRAM’s new bike component integration system that connects electronic bicycle components and software. The SRAM AXS app allows riders to see battery status, change component behavior, personalize controls, get maintenance reminders, and update firmware.
- X-Range: Road bikes are faster and more capable than ever before, and riders are expanding what’s possible with drop bar bikes. X-Range is gearing for today’s road riding. We completely reimagined road gearing for wider range, more useful and smoother gear progression, as well as smarter shift settings—enabled by AXS. With X-Range, you’re always in the right gear.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers:
- ED8392003 Black 950mm Front-RH
- ED8392000 Black 1800mm Rear-LH
Buy SRAM Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.