Continental Grand Prix 5000 Road 28c Tyres (Pair)
Ready for race day, this pair of Grand Prix Road 28c Tyres from Continental have been built to perform. Made from a BlackChili compound for less rolling-resistance, these tyres are both lightweight and durable, so whether you're racing to the finish line or enjoying a day out on the tarmac, they ensure a reliable performance every time.
High-Performance BlackChili Compound
Taking the fantastic road performance of the GP4000 tyre and making it even better, this Grand Prix 5000 model utilises modern tyre technology to deliver their best road tyre yet. Constructed from Continental's legendary BlackChili compound, unparalleled grip and balance are assured, with strenuous lab and road testing showing tangible advantages to the modern cyclist.
High-Grip Road Bike Tyre
Equipped with other stunning advances including its impact-absorbing Active Comfort build, a Laser Grip micro profile along the outer edge for improved cornering grip and Vectran Breaker puncture protection, performance, rolling and reliability is taken to new levels by this unrivalled update.
- Includes x2 Continental Grand Prix 5000 28c Tyres
- Material: BlackChili Rubber Compound
- TPI: 3/330
- Type: Clincher
- Technology: Vectran Breaker, Laser Grip, Active Comfort
- Bead: Folding
- Sidewall: Skin
- BlackChili Compound: Continental refines newly developed synthetic rubbers with natural rubber with the proven high-performance tread compound. The GP5000 uses these rubbers with special nanometric carbon soot particles, which are optimised in shape and surface properties for best uses for the intended tyre. Tyres with BlackChili Compound reach an unprecedented level of performance. Compared to the previous best Activated Silica Compound, BlackChili tyres have 26% less rolling resistance, a 30% higher friction value (grip) and a 5% increase in mileage.
- Vectran Breaker: Vectran is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran is spun from melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk, like Vectran, has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight – exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bike tyre as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
- Active Comfort Technology: The revolutionary approach in cycling. Embedded in the tire construction the Active Comfort Technology absorbs vibrations and smoothens your ride.
- Laser Grip: Laser Grip, to make you one with the road. The lasered micro profile structure expands over the tire’s shoulder and provides outstanding cornering.
Buy Continental Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.