Kenda Pinner Folding MTB Tyre
Keeping you in full control of every ride, this MTB tyre is Kenda's dry condition gravity tyre that's specifically developed for hardpack conditions. It was exclusively designed with pro downhill mountain bike rider Aaron Gwin and used on World Cup tracks like Leogang and Lenzerheide. This ensures that is more than capable of holding its own against the toughest of competitions and off-road adventures.
Kenda has made this versatile MTB tyre available in AGC or ATC casing options, so riders can choose a tyre that perfectly matches their riding style. The Pinner shines with excellent cornering predictability and particularly high puncture protection. This makes it an excellent choice for gravity racers and trail riders who want fast and smooth-rolling performance on rocky, rooty and loose over hard surfaces.
- Compound: AGC Option: Dual Layer; ATC Option: Dual Tread
- Casing: AGC or ATC options available to select
- Use: MTB
- Tyre Size: Multiple options available to select
- Single or Pair: Single
- Tubeless Ready: Yes
- Bead: Folding
- TPI: AGC Option: 60; ATC Option: 120
- ETRTO: 29": 61-622; 27.5": 61-584; Thickness: 2.4"
- Weight: AGC Option: 1297g; ATC Option: 997g
- AGC (AGC): The Most Advanced Gravity Solution - The Advanced Gravity Casing (AGC) is Kenda‘s latest innovation for gravity orientated riders. Utilizing strips of Kenda Vector Shield (KVS), a lightweight woven aramid material, positioned under the tread area and along the sidewalls to protect the tyre from cuts and punctures. The KVS material offers nearly three times more cut resistance than standard protective materials. A 20mm apex along the bead prevents pinch flats and burping. Our lightest and strongest gravity casing up to date.
- ATC (ATC): The Lighter Way - Tyre construction optimized for aggressive cross country or trail riding, the Advanced Trail Casing (ATC) is lighter and more supple than either of Kenda's gravity solutions. Using sheets of Kenda's SCT fabric across the tyre sidewalls and a sub-tread belt of K-Armor under the tread blocks. The K-Armor fabric has a tighter weave, resulting in the use of less rubber during the construction process, yielding a lighter tyre and a casing that is supple enough to allow the knobs to flex and form under load, yet still protects from pinch flats, punctures and cuts.
- Dual Layer Compound: Kenda developed this compound for a new generation of gravity tyres - an evolution of the existing Race Stick-E Rubber (RSR) compound. Building on the impressive original, the new RSR compound is a dual layer tread rubber, with the soft RSR compound on top and the stiff SRC on bottom. This new dual layer compound offers better performance because the stiff bottom SRC layer serves as the hard foundation for the softer RSR layer to push against. The result is a compound that provides better control and lasts longer than previous versions.
- Dual Tread Compound: Dual Tread Compound (DTC) is a combination of two different rubber compounds: L3R Pro (center knobs) and Stick-E rubber (corner knobs). DTC rubber is most commonly found on cross country, all-mountain, and cyclocross tires due to its rolling speed and grip.
- Excellent Predictability: A consistent contact patch when the bike is leaned over creates a super predictable feel - no sudden wash-outs.
- Optimised for Hard Pack: The tread pattern is done to work best on hardpack, rocky or rooty and loose over hard conditions.
- AGC or ATC Casing Options: Choose the AGC casing for gravity riding, or ATC for a lighter trail tyre.
- Tubeless ready
- Topo Design: Unique and stand-out topographic design pattern over the sidewalls and tread.
Buy Kenda Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.