Nukeproof Reactor 290 Elite Carbon Bike (SLX)
Taking its name from the original Nukeproof Reactor trail bike back in 1996, this full carbon framed 29er has rocketed up to date with only the greatest technological advancements included within its build. With only latest and greatest components on the market in its arsenal aboard an immensely versatile and adaptable geometry frame design, this ride is destined to be your go-anywhere trail companion.
Ultra-Strong and Lightweight Carbon Fibre Construction
This ultimate aggressive high-performance 29er trail bike features a full carbon frame construction and modern geometry to tame any mountain with its robust, stable and strong adventure potential. Engineered with a UD woven carbon fibre frameset, it gives you the most essential confidence in its ability on even the most technical descents and the greatest traction and comfort for demanding climbs. These capabilities are thanks to the frame’s ultra-strong Monocoque carbon tube set and carbon seat stays, which ensure consistent and reactive handling with a low unsprung weight. This low weight and modern geometry makes the suspension as active and stable as possible and smooths out the roughest line-choices for immense speed and control.
Shimano SLX 1x12 Drivetrain and Fox Suspension Components
Equipped with the latest drivetrain and suspension technology and a superb Nukeproof finishing kit to complete its build. This ride is a top performer that’s ready for soaring the highest peaks and descending the steepest chutes. And, to ensure this intention is a reality, Nukeproof has kitted it out with a Shimano SLX 1x12 drivetrain, Nukeproof's "flip-chip" adjustable suspension geometry, Fox 36 Float suspension forks and a Float DPX2 rear shock, DT Swiss M1900 Spline wheels and 4-Pot SLX disc brakes from Shimano. This ride is born to blast descents, shred trails and boost roots, and its exceptionally stable pedalling platform easily gets you back up to the top again for another run back down.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 130mm Travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle/chain stays/seat stays, internal cable routing, custom tuned rear shock, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection.
- Fork: Fox 36 Float, Performance Series, Grip Damper, 140mm, 51mm Offset, BOOST, Black
- Shock: Fox Float DPX2, Performance Series, 3 Position, EVOL, Custom CL, LRL tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End (0.2 Spacer fitted.)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss M1900 SPLINE 29", Centrelock, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss M1900 SPLINE 29", Centrelock, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Crankset: Shimano SLX M7100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
- Shifter: Shimano SLX M7100-IR, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX M7100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Chain: Shimano SLX M7100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink
- Cassette: Shimano SLX M7100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Brakes: Shimano SLX M7120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads
- Front Rotor: Shimano RT70, 203mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano RT70, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, black
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm; S:125mm drop; M/L:150mm drop; XL: 170mm Drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a "flip-chip", so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from "Trail" to "Rail" mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate give it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.