Pirelli P Zero 4S Velo Road Bike Tyre
Pirelli’s PZero 4S Velo Road Tyre is ready to rise to the challenge of harsh weather and cold temperatures. It features three footprint areas consisting of a slick centre, grooved bands on both sides, and semi-slick edges. If you’re planning a long winter ride and you’re unsure what the weather is going to do, wrap your wheels with the PZero Velo 4S tyres.
Water Shredding Tread Design
Pirelli’s “FGD” (Functional Groove Design) technology provides a unique tread design where the grooves are deeper in the centre of the tread. These grooves get progressively shallower toward the edges, guiding water off the tyre to give you confidence inspiring grip in the corners.
- Usage: Road training/racing in wet or dry weather
- Tyre Type: Clincher, folding
- Puncture Protection: Aramid fibre breaker layer
- TPI: 127
- Weight: 220g (25c)
- FGD (Functional Groove Design): To fine tune the tread pattern of PZero Velo tyres, Pirelli drew from their motorsport technologies and inspiration from their Superbike Diablo Supercorsa tyre. This tread pattern does not only have an aesthetic function, it maximises performance in terms of water outflow, dry and wet grip, mileage. It also aids excellent tyre response as well as boosting both comfort and handling.
- SmartNET Silica: This is Pirelli’s patented cutting edge compound and excels in every performance area. With its unique formula, developed through years of leading experience in motorsports, SmartNET Silica provides cyclists with a truly uncompromising experience. It offers low rolling resistance, enhanced wet and dry grip, long mileage, high puncture resistance and a low weight.
- ICS (Ideal Contour Shaping): For the contour and construction of PZero tyres, Pirelli made use of ICS (Ideal Contour Shaping) technology to work on the shape of the tyre’s contour. The use of CAD software along with the subsequent analysis of the finite elements, helped to optimise the construction parameters and repeatedly simulate performance. This has resulted in PZero providing the best and most efficient footprint for cornering grip, stability, and a reactive response to riding straights, descents, or bends.
Buy Pirelli Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.