Spank Spoon 28 - 20" MTB Rim
A strong and lightweight MTB rim for the next generation of superstars; Spank's Spoon 28 range may be the little brother of the Spoon 32, but this MTB rim is just as strong, light and resilient. This MTB rim may be perfect for kids but that doesn't mean that Spank skimped on the tech - far from it! This MTB rim is super-strong and features the high-end tech that you find in the Spoon 32 range. This Spoon 28 - 20" MTB Rim is ready for a custom build so you can hit the trails with style, speed, and confidence.
Super-Strong and Super-Light Alloy MTB Rim
Spank's Spoon 28 - 20" MTB Rim is made from an advanced alloy via Spank's innovative, bespoke manufacturing process. Ensuring that each alloy MTB rim is incredibly light and strong to withstand the most aggressive and technical trails, Spank's MTB rim also features their BeadNip™ technology for supreme comfort.
- Material: Six Series Aluminium Alloy
- Rim Dimension (Depth): 22mm
- Rim Dimension (External Width): 28mm
- Rim Dimension (Internal): 23mm
- Spoke Count: 32h
- Tyre: Clincher
- Polish anodised finish
- Weight: 340g
- BeadNip™: Improved tyre fit. Another secret of Spank’s patented OohBah™ profile is Spank's double BeadNip™ technology. The OohBah™ patent includes the addition of a second set of “nips” on the inner tube well, which ensures that the tyre always remains in the bead-seat, even when riding at minimal air pressures. With Spank’s OohBah™ patented rims, you can ride the tyres you want, at the pressure you want, on any terrain…with far less fear of flats! Traditional rim designs include only one set of bead hooks on the vertical walls or rim flanges. The vertical hooks are crucial for tyre retention. Without the bead hooks, the bead can slip inwards, leading to snake bites (pinch flats). In tubeless applications, BeadNip™ also acts to trap the bead, preserving the seal between tyre and rim, enhancing air pressure longevity and reducing annoying "burps".
- MGR: Micro Grain Refinement - processes such as extrusion, forging and tube drawing can increase the strength of alloy materials by reducing the grain size. Spank uses state of the art proprietary metal forming methods, which further improve grain size consistency and orientation, and significantly reduce grain size beyond that of their competitors. No other bars or rims are subjected to the number of drawing steps or level of refinement as those offered by Spank. This leads to greater ultimate strength, toughness, and ductility...meaning confidence, comfort and safety.
Buy Spank Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.