Look X-Track Mountain Bike Pedals
Enjoy high-performance pedalling power, no matter what challenge you meet on the trails with these Mountain Bike (MTB) Pedals from Look. Ready for tough terrain, they benefit from a heavy-duty engagement mechanism, a double weather resistant seal on the spindle and an optimised platform size for exceptional power to weight ratio. The ideal addition to your MTB, they are ideally suited to handle the demands of cross country (XC) racing.
- Body Material: Aluminium
- Spindle Material: Chromoly (CrMo)
- Intended Use: Cross Country (XC) competition and leisure
- Pedal Stack Height: 16.8mm with cleats
- Platform Width: 57mm
- Platform Area: 350mm²
- Tension: 6Nm to 14Nm adjustable spring
- Cleats Included: Supplied with cleats
- Cleat Type: Standard cleat included
- Float: 6°
- Weight: Pedal: 195g; Pair with Cleats: 494g
- Optimal Power to Weight Ratio: All the energy you produce is transferred to your MTB through your pedals, so their role is absolutely crucial. Look’s objective with the X-Track pedals was to find solutions that would enable the most efficient transfer of rider power possible. That is why Look has chosen to place the weight/contact surface ratio as the primary factor when defining the product. Generally speaking, the greater the contact surface, the more efficiently energy is transferred. On the other hand, the greater the contact surface, the more the pedal will weigh. The challenge faced by Look's engineers was to identify the zones that are useful for energy transmission and then optimise the pedal design in order to limit any that are unused. This task allowed Look to engineer a pedal with the best weight/contact surface ratio on the market.
- Lateral Contact Support: Lateral contact support guides your foot in finding your pedal and provides you a point of contact even if you have not yet engaged the cleat. This wide contact area prevents your foot from sliding on the pedal body and offers consistent and reassuring support.
- Mechanism Geometry: The forces experienced when riding in wet conditions varies greatly compared to riding in the dry, but the highest performance is always expected regardless of weather conditions. The mechanism in the Look X-Track pedals works regardless of external conditions and more space allows for the shedding of mud, dirt and grit. These zones give the user a constant and stable feeling of being securely clipped in, in all conditions.
- Adjustable Spring Tension: An adjustable tension screw allows you to fine-tune the entry/release resistance of the spring mechanism to suit your personal skill level and preferred feel.
Buy Look Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.