Maxxis Minion DHF MTB WT Tyre - 3C - EXO+ - TR
This remarkably influential tyre features a ramped, directional tread design to give you bike a consistent performance, whether it's braking, cornering or speeding-up on the trail. With EXO+ protection on the sidewalls offering enduro-level puncture resistance, as well as 3C Maxx Terra compound giving you the Minion remarkable traction, this tyre is fit for whatever mountain riding purpose you have in mind.
- Compound: 3C Maxx Terra
- TPI: 120
- Bead: Folding
- Max PSI: 50
- Weight: 1.01kg
- EXO+ Protection: Combining SilkShield and EXO puncture protection materials, Maxxis have created this extra-effective sidewall protector. The improvements are clear: tread puncture protection goes up by 27%, while sidewall durability by 51% and resistance to pinch flats by 28% - an all-round win for your enduro/downhill performance.
- Tubeless Ready: Tubeless tyres provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tyre; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube. Maxxis Tubeless Ready (TR) tyres provide the benefits of a UST tubeless tyre without the weight penalty. Their TR tyres use a standard casing and require the use of a liquid sealant in order to make them airtight. Maxxis Tubeless Ready tyres are the only Maxxis tyres approved for use with liquid sealants. Using a liquid sealant in any non-TR Maxxis tyre will void the warranty.
- 3C Mountain: Maxxis 3C Triple Compound mountain technology uses a harder, longer lasting base layer and two progressively softer top layers in order to optimize traction and stability. Maxxis offers three different configurations of our 3C Triple Compound mountain technology: Maxx Speed, Maxx Terra and Maxx Grip.
- MAXX TERRA: 3C Maxx Terra is softer and offers more traction than 3C Maxx Speed, yet provides better treadwear and less rolling resistance than Maxx Grip. The perfect compound if you like to ride exceptionally fast and tackle every obstacle with confidence.
- Wide Trail (WT): This construction optimises the tyre tread layout and profile on today’s modern wide rims. Traditional tyres are designed around older, narrower rims and create and overly square tyre profile, leading to less than optimal performance. WT tyres obtain peak performance when used with an inner rim width of 35mm but are proven to perform exceptionally with rim widths from 30 - 35mm.
Buy Maxxis Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.