Schwalbe Hans Dampf Addix MTB Tyre - SnakeSkin
The Schwalbe Hans Dampf Addix MTB Tyre has an exceptionally balanced tread profile, effortlessly putting the rider in full control when riding over rough terrain and when blasting down flowing Single Track trails.
The ADDIX Soft and ADDIX Speedgrip add versatility to your bikes riding characteristics. The Soft compound provides exceptional steering control when used on the front wheel, keeping handling predictable and reliable in terms of performance. The Speedgrip gives excellent rolling performance and stable traction, ideally suited to rear wheel use.
Here is a comparison between the ADDIX compounds that shows how they improve performance in relation to the VertStar, TrailStar and PaceStar Compounds.
- Compound: ADDIX Soft, ADDIX Speedgrip
- Construction: TL Easy
- Execution: Enduro
- Sidewall Protection: SnakeSkin
- EPI: 67
- Ideal Terrain: Hard pack, mix, soft
- Bead Type: Folding
- Tyre Pressure: 1.60 - 3.50 Bar (23 - 50 psi)
- Weight: 795g (27.5 x 2.35")
- ADDIX Soft: Perfectly suited to All-Mountain and Trail riding in the Enduro and Downhill world of the sport. It has impressively good rolling characteristics and at the same time outstanding damping, both of which are also evident at low temperatures. It’s also ideal for e-MTBs.
- ADDIX Speedgrip: The compound with by far the widest range of use, almost a universal compound. This versatility makes it ideal for Cross-Country, All-Mountain and Trail riding. Durability is 62% higher compared to its predecessor PaceStar, with grip up by 35%.
- TubelessEasy: The Monofile SnakeSkin fabric on the sidewall makes the tubeless conversion for the MTB extremely easy and safe. It also provides the best-cut protection on the sidewall.
- Tubeless Technology: Friction between the tyre and tube is now a thing of the past. This crucially reduces the rolling resistance. It is even smaller than with super light competition tyres. With tubeless, you can ride with less air pressure without restrictions to performance! This brings noticeable advantages in comfort, but also significantly more control in critical situations and on poor routes. Tubeless systems provide very high puncture protection. Sudden air loss due to bursting tubes or valves tearing is ruled out. At the same time, a puncture protection fluid seals incisions within a tenth of a second, during the ride.
Buy Schwalbe Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.