Cube Aerium C:68 Race TT Bike
The Aerium C:68 Race TT Bike is a high-performance machine for podium-chasing triathletes and time triallists. You want proof? Well, it helped Andreas Raelert to a sensational 2nd place at the 2015 Kona Ironman. The superior carbon frame and performance-orientated equipment are optimised in every detail, representing the perfect symbiosis of ultimate performance and aerodynamics.
Cutting-edge Carbon Frame
When Cube set out to develop the Aerium C:68 Race TT Bike, they had a simple goal in mind: to produce one of the fastest TT frames currently available. That's why they equipped the light, stiff Advanced Twin Mould carbon frame with rear-facing horizontal dropouts - just one of the features that contributes to this bike's astonishing torsional and aerodynamic efficiency. As you'd expect, the clean lines and internal cable routing aren't just there for looks - they're primarily to reduce air resistance - and Cube proved this by refining the design with the help of wind tunnel testing. The result is uncompromsing performance: whichever way you set up the geometry or seating position, the Aerium C:68 Race TT Bike will turn every ounce of effort into maximum forward propulsion.
Maximum power output means minimum distraction, which is why Cube selected Shimano's ultra-reliable and silky smooth Ultegra groupset driving Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels. A Cube Aerium C:62 carbon fork with integrated front brake is a design and aerodynamic masterpiece, complemented perfectly by the Profile Svet Zero Carbon handlebar. Thanks to the adjustable carbon stem and the option of using a seat post with or without offset, this TT racer can easily be set up for any triathlon event.
- Frame: Aerium C:68 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, Internal Cable Routing
- Fork: Cube Aerium C:62 Aero
- Headset: FSA Orbit I, 1-1/8" integrated
- Stem: Cube Aerium C:62 Integrated, 31.8mm
- Handlebar: Profile Svet Carbon
- Bar Extensions: Profile Design T5+ Carbon
- Handlebar Tape: Cube Grip Control
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra FD-6800F, Braze-On
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra RD-6800SS, 11-Speed
- Shifters: Shimano Dura Ace SL-BSR1, Barend Shifter
- Brake Levers: Profile Aero Brake Lever Carbon
- Shifter/Brake Levers: Shimano Dura Ace SL-BSR1
- Brake System: Aero TTV01
- Crankset: Rotor Flow 52x38T, 170mm (S/M), 172.5mm (L/XL)
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra CS-6800, 11-25T
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG700-11
- Wheelset: Mavic Cosmic Elite, QR/QR
- Front Tyre: Mavic Yksion Elite, 120 TPI, 23-622
- Rear Tyre: Mavic Yksion Elite, 120 TPI, 23-622
- Saddle: Selle Italia X1 Road
- Seatpost: Cube Aerium C:62 Aero
- Seatclamp: Cube Aerium Integrated
- Weight: 9.05kg
- Advanced Twin Mould: This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mould technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mould high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Frame Safe System: To protect their high-end aluminium frames from damage, Cube built the Frame Safe System's replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB: With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows Cube to build a wider downtube and more broadly spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Aerodynamic System: Perfect aerodynamics and geometry adjustment characterise this package to the smallest detail. The light and stiff Advanced Twin Mould carbon frame with horizontal dropouts is designed for the use of electronic circuit components to minimise air resistance. Battery and cable are hiding elegantly in the framework and also the brakes fit perfectly together with the Aerium Super HPC carbon fork
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer's boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer's boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Cube Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.