Vitus Escarpe 29 VRX FS Bike GX Eagle 1x12
From pushing the limits at your local trail centre to all day epics in the mountains, the range-topping Escarpe 29 VRX FS Bike combines the perfect balance between fun and efficiency to create Vitus' best trail bike. With new features and technologies for the new season ahead, the Escarpe 29 VRX FS Bike is more versatile than ever.
Strong and Light Aluminium Frame
Manufactured from hydroformed 6061-T6 aluminium to deliver a strong and lightweight aluminium frame that can handle punishing trail rides without sacrificing comfort. Designed with an updated trail geometry means this suspension bike is longer and lower, with increased reach and better standover clearance to improve handling.
Smooth and Responsive Ride
Small bump sensitivity has been increased thanks to the incorporation of a super low friction metric shock. This combined with an upper trunnion bearing shock mount improves suspension linkage durability and creates a super smooth, supple and responsive ride which offers incredible traction on the trail. SRAM's GX Eagle groupset delivers a reliable and precise performance. Paired with RockShox fork and shock, SRAM Guide disc brakes, and a nukeproof finishing kit, the Escarpe 29 VRX FS Bike is a high-end aluminium MTB.
Keeping pace with the new market standard, the Vitus Escarpe 29 VRX FS Bike comes with Boost hubs. Featuring wider front and rear axles for increased mud clearance, wheel stiffness, strength and durability, this can only boost your performance on the trails.
- Frame: Hydroformed Triple Butted 6061-T6 Aluminium with patented four-bar V-Link rear suspension, 140mm travel
- Forks: RockShox Lyrik RCT3, 150mm travel, DebonAir spring, Charger 2 Damper, External Rebound adjuster, 3-Position Compression Adjustment (Open/Pedal/Firm), Ø35mm Alloy stanchions – fast black coating, tapered aluminium steerer, Boost 15x110mm axle, 51mm offset, Maxle Stealth
- Shock: RockShox Deluxe RT3 - Trunnion, Native Metric Design, Debon Air Spring, External Rebound Damping Adjustment, 3-Position Compression Adjustment (Open/Pedal/Lock), MLS380 185x50mm
- Chainset: SRAM Descendant Carbon Eagle, 170mm, 32T, Boost
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP (BSA), 73mm
- Shifters: SRAM GX Eagle trigger, 12-Speed
- Chainguide: MRP 1xCS
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10T-50T, 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-Speed
- Wheelset: DT Swiss E1700 Spline 30, Tubeless Ready
- Front: Maxxis Minion DHF Maxx Terra, 3C/EXO/TR, 29” x 2.5"
- Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR 2 3C/TR/DD, 29” x 2.3"
- Front Brake: SRAM Guide RE Hydraulic Disc, 180mm rotor
- Rear Brake: SRAM Guide RE Hydraulic Disc, 180mm rotor
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon, 7075 Double Butted Alloy, 25mm rise; 780mm wide (S/M) or 800mm wide (L/XL)
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack (No.57), 1.1/8” – 1.5”
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron, 45mm extension
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth Dropper, 31.6mm x 150mm drop (125mm Drop on size S)
- Seatclamp: Vitus Bolt
- Intended Use: All-mountain/trail
- Wheel Size: 29”
- Fork Travel: 150mm
- Rear Travel: 140mm
- Boost 110x15mm through front axle
- Boost 148x12mm through rear axle
- Aggressive enduro geometry (low, slack, long with short stem)
- Removable high direct FD mount
- Clearance for up to 2.6" tyres
- ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
- Stick on downtube and bolt on downtube protector to protect the downtube and cables from rock strikes
- Main Pivot Location: This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay Pivot Location: This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compress (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximises active suspension when using the rear brake; similar to a floating brake design, without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle Path: Because of the main pivot location, the Escarpe has 55mm of travel with a reward axle path which all helps the rider to carry momentum over rough terrain and especially square edged hits.
- Leverage Rate Design: The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive. This helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linear rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer's boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer's boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.