Vitus Sommet VR Mountain Bike (NX Eagle 1x12)
Adopting the same geometry and many of the same technologies of its carbon fibre bigger brother, the Sommet brings you an Enduro race-ready package at a more wallet-friendly price. Its lightweight alloy frame features a modern, aggressive geometry, putting in the ideal riding position to attack the most technical descents with confidence.
The high-quality frame of the Sommet VR Mountain Bike (NX Eagle 1x12) is backed up by a solid and slick performing components package. This includes a 170mm travel RockShox fork and rear shock that pivots on a sealed upper bearing, SRAM NX Eagle 1x12 gearing and SRAM Guide RE 4 piston disc brakes. Add in "Boost" tubeless ready wheels, clearance for up 2.6” wide tyres, ISCG 05 chainguide mounts and no matter where you ride, the Sommet will never be out of its depth.
- Frame: 6061- T6 Alloy with modern geometry
- Forks: RockShox Yari CHARGER RC "Boost" 27.5”, 170mm
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Delux R DB1T ML1 TS B1
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RE; 200/180 rotors
- Drivetrain: SRAM NX Eagle
- Shifter: SRAM NX Eagle
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle
- Cassette: SRAM NX PG1230 Eagle 11-50T
- Chainset: SRAM NX Eagle Dub 170mm, 32T
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle PowerLock 12-Speed
- Wheels: WTB ST i29
- Front Hub: Novatec D791SB-B15, 32H 110x15mm
- Rear Hub: Novatec D462SB-SL-S5S-B12-11S, 32H 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Minion DHF 3C, 27.5x2.5”WT; Rear: Maxxis Minion DHF 3C, 27.5x2.5”WT
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron
- Bars: Nukeproof Horizon, 31.8mm, 25mm rise
- Headset: Nukeproof
- Top Cap: Vitus
- Tubeless Ready: Yes, with tubeless rim tape fitted and valves included
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Spare Parts and Torque Value Overview
A list of spare parts and recommended torque values can be downloaded from this link (.pdf)
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.