MRP Ribbon Coil Mountain Bike Fork
Coming equipped with 35mm stanchions along with MRP's finest technologies, this trail-ready mountain bike (MTB) fork gives all mountain and enduro racers exceptional front end suspension performance on the most rigorous of terrain conditions. Coming kitted out with Boost axle spacing, this model provides a stronger and stiffer construction, as well as more effective and precise handling as you tackle rock gardens, tree roots and debris. MRP Ribbon coil forks have also received updates including the ChocoLUXE internals and Norglide Bushings, which deliver less stiction and better-than-ever performance.
Enduro MTB Fork with Coil Spring
The Ribbon Coil gives you the spring tunability and stroke control previously found only with air, while giving you the supple linear spring curve, lower friction, longer service life and consistent feel that you get with a coil spring. Coil aficionados have dreamt of a fork that combines these advantages with the latest in chassis and damper technology. MRP has delivered with the Ribbon Coil.
Also including tried and tested features like the PSST pressure relief valves, bladder-free EssenTTial damper utilising a low-pressure IFP, Outcast arch design and the acclaimed Ramp Control technology, this is the hard-hitting enduro fork to have.
- Stanchions: 35mm
- Use: All Mountain, Enduro
- Axle: 15x110mm Boost QR axle standard, Bolt-on optional (available separately)
- Steerer Diameter: 1 1/8-1.5" tapered
- Spring System: Coil Soft, medium & firm springs included
- External Adjustments: Preload, 8-position low-speed compression, 20-position Ramp Control, and rebound
- Brake Mount: 180mm, post mount
- Fork Travel/Offset: Multiple options available to select
- Axle to Crown Length: 27.5" Option with 150mm travel: 542mm; 27.5" Option with 160mm travel: 552mm; 27.5+/29" Option with 150mm travel: 562mm; 27.5+/29" Option with 160mm travel: 572mm
- Weight: 27.5" Option: 2.08kg; 27.5+/29" Option: 2.11kg
- ChocoLUXE Internals: ChocoLUXE is a proprietary material utilised in the damper plug, damper seal, damper IFP, and damper support. It’s highly dimensionally stable, meaning that parts made from it are more consistent overall and less susceptible to change with exposure to temperature swings or humidity. It is also extremely low friction.
- Norglide Bushings: Norglide Bushings from Saint Gobain are metal-reinforced, self-lubricating bushings with a layer of a low friction PTFE compound. They’re exceptionally smooth and durable.
- Reduced Friction: In addition to part updates, MRP also continued to refine its processes. In whole, these part and process changes have resulted in a 37% reduction in friction compared to first-generation Ribbon forks.
- Travel-adjustable coil spring system with preload adjustment and Ramp Control™ technology.
- New EssenTTial™ twin-tube, bladder-free damper utilising a low-pressure IFP.
- Outcast™ arch design with forward-facing weight reliefs to mitigate mud build-up.
- PSST™ pressure-relief valves that quickly and easily bleed off excess pressure in the lowers caused by elevation and temperature changes.
- "Boost" spacing and 35mm stanchions.
Manufacturer's Part Numbers:
- FKMRR7209 Black 29"/27.5"+ 160mm 46mm
- FKMRR7208 Black 29"/27.5"+ 150mm 46mm
- FKMRR7213 Black 27.5" 150mm 39mm
- FKMRR7214 Black 27.5" 160mm 39mm
Buy MRP Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.