Avid BB5 Mechanical Disc Brake
Although the BB5 disc brake falls within the "entry-level" range of Avid's brakes, there is nothing entry-level about its braking power. This mechanical disc brake comes with an advanced, yet simple to setup alignment system and an adjustment knob to let you dial in your preferred bite point. After one use of this brake caliper you'll be wondering if it's under-priced.
Reasons to Buy:
- Simple to setup.
- Adjustment knob.
- Brake Type: Mechanical disc brake (cable operated)
- Caliper Design: Mechanical, monoblock
- Finish: Satin Black
- Rotor: G2 CleanSweep 160mm
- Pad: Sintered
- Mount Type: Post mount
- Adjustment: Inboard Knob Pad Adjustment, Tri-Align Caliper Positioning
- Compatibility: Mountain bike style cable brake levers (levers not included)
- Included: BB5 mechanical disc brake caliper, disc brake pads (installed), G2 CleanSweep 160mm rotor
- Sold individually
- Single piston caliper
- Manufacturer Reference Code: 00.5016.166.060
- Weight: 335g (approx)
- Tri-Align™ Caliper Positioning System™: Another original Avid technology making your life better - there’s never been an easier brake to install and adjust. With Avid’s Tri-Align™Caliper Positioning System™, aligning the caliper to the rotor literally takes seconds. Just loosen the CPS™ bolts a little, and then squeeze the brake lever while re-tightening the bolts. Perfect caliper alignment - just like that
Buy Avid Components from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.