Spank 350 Vibrocore™ MTB Rim
Get ready to explode down the trails with the Spike 350 Vibrocore MTB Rim which is wide, strong and light. Outstanding control and stability for any speed, this rim will have you soaring through the dirt with ease. Dominate your descents with this smooth-riding, built for thrills rim, the perfect choice to take your riding to the next level.
Strong and Light Downhill Rim
With a unique low-profile height and width, this is a stiff and responsive rim that you can trust for maximum performance as you take to the trails. Ideal for aggressive downhill riding, the Enhanced Vibrocore technology in the inner well keeps your balance stable thanks to its reduction in harmful vibration frequencies over the roughest of terrains. The rim is also equipped with a BeadBite Anti-Burp System that reduces air-loss from the tyre and an OohBah Inverted Inner Wall design that prevents twists and bends from riding impact. The 30mm internal width fits tyres from 2.0 to 2.6" as well as plus size tyres, making the Spank SPIKE 350 Vibrocore MTB Rim the ultimate choice for downhill and freeriding.
- Material: High Performance Aluminium
- Inner Width: 30.5mm
- Outer Width: 35mm
- Hole Count: 32
- Valve: F/V Presta
- Tubeless: Tubeless Ready
- Technologies: BeadBite Anti-burp, OohBah Inverted Inner Wall
- Weight: 27.5": 510g; 29": 545g (approx)
- BeadBite: At an incredible range of pressures, Bead Bite is the solution to keeping your tires burp free and fixed in place. Bead Bite rim technology enhances tubeless use with tires of all types and with a greater range of air pressures. Bead Bite rims have 6 rows of tiny ridges that run along the vertical and horizontal faces of the bead seats. These tiny teeth create air seals between the rim and tire as the bead conforms into them under air pressure. They dramatically increase frictional forces on the tire bead, reducing the beads' ability to move vertically or horizontally (thus improving tire stability and reducing burps). The bead literally becomes trapped between the vertical and horizontal ridges, even at very low air pressures. Even in tubed applications, Bead Bite rims tend to allow much lower air pressures with reduced risk of pinch flats.
- OohBah: The unique OohBah profile allows Spank to manufacture thinner walled, wider profiled, lighter rims without sacrificing strength or rigidity. Wider rims mean stiffer wheels and more tire spread, leading to greater traction and improved comfort, and tire performance. The "wave" shape of the OohBah inner tube adds strength and support to the vertical rim flange walls and prevent buckling. Normal straight or curved tube wells must be much thicker, and by default heavier, to offer the same support.
Buy Spank Wheels & Tyres from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World's Largest Online Bike Store.